2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigdaddy coombs

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-06-09

Post op diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op diet   Post op diet EmptyTue 04 Jul 2017, 11:13 am

Yeah I did first 48 hours was clear fluids then progress to shakes for first week then puree from there and introduce foods as I go. Mind you with all foods I chew until I can't feel any lumps.
Back to top Go down
Travelling Fat Girl Slim
Travelling Fat Girl Slim

Female
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2016-12-22

Post op diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op diet   Post op diet EmptyTue 04 Jul 2017, 10:52 am

Wow! I'm a week sleeved tomorrow. My surgeon has me on free fluids for two weeks before moving on to puréed food then mushy. I'm only allowed 100ml/hr from tomorrow and I'm not hungry at all, probably drinking this stuff more for necessity than desire. 

Out of curiosity, did you get any instructions or directions from a dietician about the stages?
Back to top Go down
Bigdaddy coombs

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-06-09

Post op diet Empty
PostSubject: Post op diet   Post op diet EmptyTue 04 Jul 2017, 8:30 am

HI everyone,
I am a week and a half post op and am completely surprised with my hunger and ability to eat most foods. So far I am able to eat all pureed foods including meats. I can eat potato chips (massive weakness and certain I'm addicted to salt) and today I was even able to eat a drumstick ice cream after giving in to sugar cravings which I never normally get. I was quite restricted in the first week and stuck to mainly drinking yoghurt and shakes but find that I am now a lot less restricted whilst the portion size is quite small I am surprised how quickly I've recovered. Has anyone else had such a quick recovery. I have minimal pain and am finding that I only have muscular pain from resting so much. The only thing that's changed is that I had a bowel movement yesterday for the first time. How quick was everyone elses recovery?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Post op diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post op diet   Post op diet Empty

Back to top Go down

Post op diet
Page 1 of 1