AuthorMessage
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Post Op complications Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post Op complications   Post Op complications EmptyWed 05 Aug 2009, 7:38 am

Hi Rubenesque, sorry to hear about your post-op dramas. Hope you are feeling better and more vital now. It is wonderful that your friend was so supportive and positive about your operation. Sounds like someone you can count on. Do take care of yourself in the weeks to come.
Back to top Go down
suzie002

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Post Op complications   Post Op complications EmptyMon 03 Aug 2009, 6:08 pm

Hi There,

You will get your energy up soon. Just make sure you are getting enough protein in. Once I started drinking a higher protein shake, I felt more energetic and started losing more. I went for a three week period where I lost nothing and it was from not eating enough. I laugh everytime I write that because it's definitely not something I ever thought would be in my vocabulary. Keep your chin up, you'll feel better soon and it will all be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Rubenesque
Rubenesque

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: You are right about tiredness   Post Op complications EmptySun 02 Aug 2009, 12:40 pm

The tiredness is really full on isn't it. I went out for lunch (ended up being 3 or 4 small bites of banana bread) where I was obviously sitting then went to a park where I walked about 50 feet to a seat and sat while the dogs ran and ran. Now I am so tired I just want to go to bed. I am hoping that this week I can improve this because I have to go back to work next week.
BTW I told my visitor about what I had been up to and her repsonse was 'how exciting' and generally positive.

cheers
R
Back to top Go down
OpusKV626
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Post Op complications   Post Op complications EmptySat 01 Aug 2009, 6:51 pm

Notwithstanding the extra complications you're having, it took me about 4 weeks to be back up to steam. Until then, I was so tired by the afternoon. I started only being able to be up and about for 2 hours at a time. That slowly improved.

All the best. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
Rubenesque
Rubenesque

Female

PostSubject: Thanks all   Post Op complications EmptySat 01 Aug 2009, 11:00 am

Last night I had a good sleep and felt lots better. Thanks for the support. It is easy to lose track of why we are doing this and wallow in the moment. Suzie you sound like you experienced the same think as me. Bloody painful hey?

You are right Bella - I am glad the Doc's staff insisted I do the scan because even though the pain was essentially gone if I had left it I could have ended up with an infection and another operation.

Looking forward to tomorrow and visitors and a visit to the park with my dogs. Hope the weather stays nice. I have not told this person that I have had the op. I wonder if she will pick up on anything. Perhaps the ghostly pallor, or the inability to walk very long, or when we have lunch? It will be interesting Post Op complications 2329.

cheers
Rubenesque
Back to top Go down
suzie002

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Post Op complications   Post Op complications EmptyFri 31 Jul 2009, 10:57 pm

Hi There,

I was fine after surgery and on my 11th day, I was in so much pain I was crying. My doctor told me to come in and they ran a cat scan immediately. Now of course I can't remember what its called but I had a build up of fluid and had to go on antibiotics too. I also had to go on best rest for two days. You should be up and around soon and it only gets better from here. I am glad that massive pain is gone. I thought I would lose my mind with it so I know how you were feeling. Better days are ahead though!
Back to top Go down
Bella ..... xo
Sponsor

Female
Number of posts : 1299
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Post Op complications   Post Op complications EmptyFri 31 Jul 2009, 4:45 pm

Well done Rubenesque for insisting with the clinic that you were in need of assistance & it wasnt due to simply overeating etc......shows it pays to listen to our bodies doesnt it.....& kudos to your clinic for insisting you still take the scan when you started to feel better.

Yep week 3 is pretty much where i started to feel active & strong again.....I think the body has started to absorb & make use of nutrition intake again by then.....but as Chris says...it may take an extra week or so for you seeing as you had this complication.

Just rest up, get some good mags, books, dvd's, knitting, crosswords, sleep.......whatever your thing is & enjoy the relaxation.....cos in a few weeks you will be full of energy and raring to go go go....

Hugs
Bella
Back to top Go down
Janey
Sponsor
Janey

Female
Number of posts : 2872
Registration date : 2008-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Post Op complications   Post Op complications EmptyFri 31 Jul 2009, 2:27 pm

So sorry to hear of your problems Rubenesque. I hope the antibiotics sort it all out for you.

Do take it easy and be kind to yourself.

Hugs,
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Post Op complications   Post Op complications EmptyFri 31 Jul 2009, 1:43 pm

Hi Rubenesque
Sorry to hear you've had problems, but glad you went ahead with the scan - just as well, isn't it?
Of course with complications you're not feeling great, and under normal circumstances, the tiredness should leave around the week 3 mark, but considering your problem, it might take a wee while longer.
Take care of yourself, and do talk to your doc again if you're concerned.
Hugs
Chris
Back to top Go down
Rubenesque
Rubenesque

Female

PostSubject: Post Op complications   Post Op complications EmptyFri 31 Jul 2009, 11:56 am

I have had a week from hell. Exactly two weeks post op I woke with agonising pain on one side (lower right). It did not feel bowel or stomach related and I could not stand up straight. My suppport person had left a few days earlier so I was on my own and I was looking forward to recovering for two weeks more before I returned to work. I spent the day on the phone to the surgeon's office trying to persuade the practice staff it was not related to me eating too much or the wrong thing.
Finally they saidn they would arrange a CT scan for the next day which required a bit of organisation as I was too sore to drive. At this point prior to this day I had felt good and was driving and aside from tiring easily I was 'on the mend'. Long story short the next day the pain had mainly gone and I nearly cancelled the scan however, the Surgeons staff insisted that I still have it so I drove myself the the Hospital for the scan. I was then admitted to hospital with a drain which did not work as the pooled blood causing the concern was too thick. It was also in a different place to where the pain had been - I still don't get that part.
It was then decided that I should be put on antibiotics which is apparently supposed to take care of the problem.
Needless to say I am sore, tired, weak and grumpy and feel like I have very little energy to pull myself together.
I wonder if anyone else had similar things happen?
Another question - when do I stop being so weak? Post Op complications 796297
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Op complications   Post Op complications Empty

Back to top Go down

Post Op complications
Page 1 of 1