AuthorMessage
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

Waiting list! Public vs Private?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting list! Public vs Private?    Waiting list! Public vs Private?  EmptySun 13 Nov 2016, 12:51 pm

I think most poeple on here were are private patients.  I don't think the sleeve surgery is on the public system.  I remember reading an article a few years ago saying it had been pulled.  But things could of changed again.

Generally, you need private health insurance for a year before surgery.  I made my appointment with my surgeon about 3 or 4 months before my surgery date.  I had to see a dietician, psychologist and do a bunch of tests before the surgery.  This is why it took a while.  BUt all surgeons are different, so try calling a few to see what why prefer and how long there wait list is.
Back to top Go down
Ebs.21

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2016-11-10

Waiting list! Public vs Private?  Empty
PostSubject: Waiting list! Public vs Private?    Waiting list! Public vs Private?  EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016, 7:52 am

IOeHi there- I was just wondering how long people waited to get an appointment and how long from there first appointment did they to wait before the big day? Please let me know whether you were a public or private patient.
Back to top Go down

Waiting list! Public vs Private?
Page 1 of 1