Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list! Empty
PostSubject: spoggy   Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list! EmptyTue 08 Jan 2013, 11:43 am

How exciting nearing the top of the list. I am sure you will do well as you have a lot of determination waiting so far. All the best with your exciting journey and congrats on being proactive about your health.

Sometimes reflux remains, but you could be different. I did not have reflux beforehand but have it on and off now. Whatever happens you will deal with it I am sure.
Back to top Go down
PrettyInPink

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list!   Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list! EmptyFri 04 Jan 2013, 1:12 pm

It has been a long wait but will be worth it. At least once I am sleeved the hospital keeps me as a patient for the rest of my life, my case is never finalised. I guess that means any complications etc are dealt with publicly too. I have been talking to a psychologist and dietitian for months so I think the timing is good and am hopeful for great results. I will be ecstatic if the reflux disappears!!
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list!   Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list! EmptyMon 31 Dec 2012, 1:58 pm

You have been very patient waiting so long. Some people who having sleeving also find that the reflux they suffered pre sleeve is lo longer a problem, some thing to do with a straight staple line.
Good luck prettyinpink.
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
PrettyInPink

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-12-31

PostSubject: Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list!   Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list! EmptyMon 31 Dec 2012, 1:17 pm

Hi, I am new to this site and have been waiting for over 4 years for surgery. I have finally been given March/April as my sleeve window with Dr George Hopkins at Royal Brisbane. I am excited and a bit scared with the surgery finally looking like being a reality. My daughter is getting married in May so I'm hoping for a March date, I don't really want to purée my meal at the reception...lol. I am currently 144kg having lost 9kg in the last year. My biggest concern is the reflux after surgery as I sometimes get very painful reflux already and I have heard it can get worse. I have very little support so would love to make a few friends on this site who are in the same boat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list!   Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list! Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting close to the pointy end of the public waiting list!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: