AuthorMessage
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

Newbie from Central Coast NSW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast NSW   Newbie from Central Coast NSW EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016, 11:19 am

A lot of hard work went into it, and I'm now at the hardest bit - maintenance!
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast NSW   Newbie from Central Coast NSW EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016, 11:08 am

BOJ, I am so jealous!!!

Wonder Woman!

Newbie from Central Coast NSW 542174 Newbie from Central Coast NSW 542174 Newbie from Central Coast NSW 542174
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast NSW   Newbie from Central Coast NSW EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016, 10:27 am

Actually, 0.2 UNDER my target weight.  Mostly sitting on 75kgs gone this week. 

And sometimes even more, depending on the day.

Still waiting for the brass band and streamers though.
Back to top Go down
krakow57
Part of the furniture
krakow57

Female
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2016-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast NSW   Newbie from Central Coast NSW EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016, 8:59 am

Welcome PowerFox!

Well done!
It is wonderful to have a quick post op recovery.
Sounds like you are doing really well

Newbie from Central Coast NSW 446871
Back to top Go down
PowerFox
PowerFox

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast NSW   Newbie from Central Coast NSW EmptyFri 17 Jun 2016, 12:21 am

Thanks, Box of Jewels.

You've lost 74.7 kg and you're 0.2 kg to target weight?????

You're a legend - frightfully well done!!!
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast NSW   Newbie from Central Coast NSW EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016, 9:56 pm

Welcome!  Glad it is all going smoothly for you.
Back to top Go down
PowerFox
PowerFox

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-06-16

PostSubject: Newbie from Central Coast NSW   Newbie from Central Coast NSW EmptyThu 16 Jun 2016, 8:32 pm

Hello 

Hello to everyone!

By way of introduction, I had my sleeve surgery with Dr Craig Taylor at Mater Hospital last Wednesday and I'm gobsmacked at just how quickly I recovered. My heart goes out to people who have had more difficult recoveries; I had certainly prepared myself for the worst and I do realise how lucky I am. Just after surgery, I had some nausea and a brief 'Oh My God What Have I Done' moment, but I was up walking around unaided a few hours later with no nausea or vomiting. I was happy with ice chips and water that night but was so ravenous the following day I pleaded for food, and Dr Taylor thankfully obliged with a liquid diet. Whew!

Since coming home last Friday, I've been feeling stronger by the day; now I'm off pain meds altogether. I'm hitting my targets on protein (60g/day) and water (> 1.5L/day) and I've worked up to 60 minutes a day gentle walking which I do in 10 minute sessions on my old treadmill. My understanding is that it's best at this stage to go gently and spread the exercise over the day to avoid blood clots and constipation. That being said, I got locked up a few days ago and found a true friend in prune juice :-)
fart
Best of all, I weighed myself last night and I've lost 4.5kg over the past 2 weeks! My only regret now is that I didn't do this sooner. I feel so much more motivated and confident that this time will be different, and I'll finally succeed in losing my excess weight and keeping it off long term.

Thanks to everyone for sharing your stories and tips - I'm just working my way through the site and reading as much as I can. I'll be on the puree phase of my diet next week and I've found some excellent suggestions from fellow posters. It seems soup is a safe way to go and that's my favourite winter go-to meal anyway; I plan to add a scoop of unflavoured whey protein isolate to be sure I keep hitting my protein targets. I'll post any really exeptional finds I come across by way of puree recipes.

Such a brilliant site! I'm really looking forward to reading more and getting to know everyone else. Here's wishing you all the very best!
kiss
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast NSW   Newbie from Central Coast NSW Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Central Coast NSW
Page 1 of 1