14 posters
AuthorMessage
MoUsEy
MoUsEy

Female
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptySat 01 Oct 2011, 1:00 pm

Hey everyone

Im going in for my first appointment to talk to the doctor about getting the sleeve done on October 5th but im not sure on what doctor to choose from. I have my appointment with Dr Wong at Gosford but been told Dr Munro is a great doctor and to use him.I will be getting the surgery done ASAP but still have no idea what Doctor i should go with

has anyone been to Dr wong and is he a great doctor?

thanks

Amanda
Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyMon 21 Feb 2011, 6:27 am

Just found your posts Christina would love to meet up for a coffee and chat I am 3 months post sleeve and any question you have you can ask, we also shared the same doctor!
Back to top Go down
pominoz
pominoz

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2010-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyThu 20 Jan 2011, 1:42 am

Hi all,

Another coastie here! Living in Green Point near Erina so not far from a few of you.

I had my second appointment with Dr Caska yesterday. I have sent off my application today to have some of the funds released from my super and then I can book into to be sleeved hopefully this will happen in the next couple of months fingers crossed.

All the best

Christina
Back to top Go down
didles
Part of the furniture
didles

Female
Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyThu 30 Sep 2010, 7:22 am

Hi paul I am also on the coast, Saratoga and I am seeing Dr Caska as well. Nice to meet other coasties.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyWed 29 Sep 2010, 2:44 pm

I used to be from the Central Coast (Buff Point, near Budgewoi), and I travelled to Sydney to go to Dr Talbot, as there was non-one local doing sleeves when I was getting done, in June 2008.
It was well worth while, and if he didn't need to set eyes on me, he was quite happy to do a telephone consult. He did keep me in hospital one extra day though - just to be sure, as it was a long way to come back if anything went wrong. I thought that was rather considerate. The trip home was uncomfortable, but not as painful as I thought it might be, so it all worked well.
What area are you from?
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyWed 29 Sep 2010, 8:00 am

LOL, hopefully Paul is through that by now, his post was from May :-)
Back to top Go down
lilac
Part of the furniture
lilac

Female
Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyWed 29 Sep 2010, 7:57 am

Congrats Paul on your sleeve and welcome to the GSS site.

I was banded by Dr Caska last December and have not lost much weight at all (that's why I'm now waiting for the sleeve op). Dr Caska is a lovely Dr - very caring and dedicated, so you've made a good choice.

As you probably already know, the shoulder pain is caused by the gas they pump into you for the endoscopy. I also had it with my gastric band. It's really awful but panadol helps as does a hot compress placed on the shoulder (I used a wheat bag heated up in the microwave). It'll go after a few weeks though. My left arm was swollen for a couple of days after the op too - very painful so I understand what you're going through.

All the best,

Kris.
Back to top Go down
SaraG

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyFri 24 Sep 2010, 4:49 am

Hello nd welcome!

I was also sleeved on Tuesday 22nd.

I currently live in Wollongong but we have just bought a house in wadalba! We were actually in watanobbi on the weekend looking at a house on Casey street that we loved. It was a very close call between the two houses!
I was trying to find out more about watanobbi but couldn't find anyone to ask...one week too late!

Look forward to getting to know you and maybe meet up for a bowl of mushies one day lol.
Back to top Go down
Kylie0707

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyThu 23 Sep 2010, 10:51 pm

Hi

I am looking at having surgery, was wondering who has had it done on the central coast and what doctor. There does not seem many for the central coast.
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyThu 13 May 2010, 5:19 am

How are you going Paul?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyMon 10 May 2010, 2:48 am

Hi Paul, I live in Terrigal. The closest person is probably workdanceplay. Though, I think there are quiet a few of Newcastle members on this particular site. Their might be a few Coasties on other sites but I havent really ran into any that are relatively close to me. Are you going to the Sydney get together? Its this week, at the moment they are tossing whether to meet on Thursday at Martin Plaza or on the weekend at the fishmarkets, here is the link http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/sleever-s-get-togethers-f10/sydney-anyone-interested-t3194.htm.
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyMon 10 May 2010, 12:48 am

Welcome Paul and what a fantastic weight loss already....you must be feeling fantastic!

cheers

S
Back to top Go down
Paul

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptyMon 10 May 2010, 12:33 am

miss wrote:
Hey Paul, I am from the Central Coast also, what suburb are you in? There are not many sleevers from the coast. They all have moved away somewhere. Any help that you may need, feel welcome to ask me or the others on this forum. Actually, are you the Paul that I mentioned this site to at Erina Fair???

Hiya Miss...no, I am not from Erina, I live in Watanobbi...you?...I thought there were a few sleevers on the Coast, I know Dr. Caska is pretty busy :) I will ask away, I like knowing stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptySun 09 May 2010, 12:57 am

Hi Paul,

Welcome aboard and congratulations.

Believe me there are more wives and mothers on here than you can poke a stick at !!!
Don't forget the diaries they are a wealth of information and on occasion a good giggle.

Cheers Gail
Back to top Go down
Paul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptySat 08 May 2010, 11:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome :)..ohh, and I was sleeved, signature has been changed..

Last edited by Paul on Mon 10 May 2010, 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptySat 08 May 2010, 11:13 pm

Hey Paul, I am from the Central Coast also, what suburb are you in? There are not many sleevers from the coast. They all have moved away somewhere. Any help that you may need, feel welcome to ask me or the others on this forum. Actually, are you the Paul that I mentioned this site to at Erina Fair???
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptySat 08 May 2010, 10:41 pm

LOL they do!

Hi Paul and welcome.

Congrats on your surgery and good luck with your recover. Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... 217555
Back to top Go down
DancingOnTheInside
Part of the furniture
DancingOnTheInside

Female
Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptySat 08 May 2010, 2:19 pm

Hi Paul

It may be the Irish Whiskey I am currently consuming - but are your sleeved or banded? Your posts say one thing and your signature says another - typical male - lol

x
Doti
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptySat 08 May 2010, 2:03 pm

Hi and Welcome Paul,

Congratulations on your sleeve, and that excellent pre-op loss. Have a good old nose around the site and if you have any questions ask away, they'll always be someone about to try and help.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Good news, Paul   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptySat 08 May 2010, 7:19 am

Hey, Paul.

Glad you posted and also glad you have reminded me of the likelihood of the shoulder gas effect. I go in on Monday and am really looking forward to it! (The change in my life, not the shoulder pain.)

-Zoe
Back to top Go down
Paul

Male

PostSubject: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... EmptySat 08 May 2010, 6:27 am

Hi All,

My name is Paul and I was sleeved on Tuesday by Dr. Caska at Brisbane Waters Private Hospital. The surgery went very well as did the Optifast stage. Original starting weight 160KG, pre Optifast weight 153KG, pre-op weight 138KG, current weight 140.5KG.

No troubles while in hospital but got shoulder pain last night and a bit today, warm shower helped and I think I am on top of it.

Looking forward to some good chat and information as well as some good war stories.

Last edited by Paul on Sat 08 May 2010, 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Signature not showing...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...   Newbie from Central Coast, NSW... Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie from Central Coast, NSW...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: