Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!!

Go down 
+2
Groovy
Lizzbeth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!!   I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!! EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016, 10:39 am

I had what I though was a cold before the op, went to the health food store and bought every cold and flu type remedy.
Had a high temperture on the day of surgery... I felt fine.. but they still did it.
Turned out I had the flu!! But I didn't know.
Back to top Go down
MrMick
Part of the furniture
MrMick

Male
Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!!   I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!! EmptyFri 26 Feb 2016, 8:46 pm

I had a raging cold on the day of my surgery, didn't tell the Dr, everything went fine, personally I think it was just from the stress and worry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lawnmowingbrisbane.com
Lisa66
Part of the furniture
Lisa66

Female
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2014-12-29

PostSubject: Re: I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!!   I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!! EmptyFri 26 Feb 2016, 12:17 pm

Oh Lizz, what a bummer. But don't worry, I'm sure if it's just a head cold you'll be totally fine. Rest up over the weekend, have plenty of fluids and I'm sure you'll be fine.

L xx
Back to top Go down
Fat-to-Fit
Part of the furniture
Fat-to-Fit

Female
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!!   I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!! EmptyFri 26 Feb 2016, 3:58 am

Oh, dear, Lizz - you poor thing, hopefully it will disappear as quickly as it came ! I think you should be fine - as Groovy said, pneumonia , or bronchitis, or something would be a problem, but a cold should be ok - they all wear masks, anyway !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Groovy
Groovy

Female
Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2016-02-12

PostSubject: Re: I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!!   I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!! EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016, 9:37 pm

No, you should be fine. The only thing that would stop it is pneumonia, just be sure to do your deep breathing and coughing exercises religiously after the operation. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Lizzbeth
Lizzbeth

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2016-01-12

PostSubject: I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!!   I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!! EmptyThu 25 Feb 2016, 7:43 pm

Hi!!

I have woken up this morning with itching throat and runny nose!!! 

Will have a cold delay the sleeve on Monday? I really hope not as it will then need to be delayed for at least 2 months!! 

I have just dosed on panadol and Vit C!! Any suggestions to knock this on the head? Should I call the surgeon and tell him?

HELP!! Thought I was stressed before!! 😢

Lizz
Back to top Go down
http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wb0B
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!!   I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I woke up with a cold!! 3 days until sleeve!!!
Page 1 of 1