Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BMandy21

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-07-13

Having my sleeve in 4 days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having my sleeve in 4 days   Having my sleeve in 4 days EmptyFri 19 Jul 2013, 12:47 am

Well I had my sleeve done on Tuesday moning, at first I thought it was the wrong decision as I have been in substantial pain for 2 days, the dr saw me last night and said tomorrow u will feel better. He was soo right, I feel so much better today, had my first lot of fluids and off my drip. Managed a shower and washed my hair, never thought that could make u feel so good. feeling positive about my decision now.
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Having my sleeve in 4 days   Having my sleeve in 4 days EmptySun 14 Jul 2013, 2:54 pm

LOW considering what is done.

It does vary quite a bit I think it depends on how the op is done drain or no drain how good your diet has been in shrinking the liver and flattening the stomach.  Also how well you take the anesthetic I came out really well.  I was shocked my last surgery was a cesar and it was horrendous so I had thoughts of that but it was nothing like it.  Keyhole is a miracle. Thank god for that I was up the same night for the toilet with very little help and completely up by myself next morning very early and doing circuits of the hospital. I was able to sleep on my side from first night and to really tell the truth I only took the pain killer to try to get some sleep I am a insomniac.

The most discomfort I had was from trapped wind but nothing overbearing and when I was coming home in the car from bumps in the road that was true for a least 2 weeks.  Take it easy with speed bumps or hillstops.

Yes unfortunately some people do have a variety of complications but that is life some are lucky others aren't but think positive your chances of everything right is way way better.
Back to top Go down
BMandy21

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-07-13

PostSubject: Having my sleeve in 4 days   Having my sleeve in 4 days EmptySat 13 Jul 2013, 9:35 am

Having my sleeve on 17/07/2013 by Dr Martin, feeling excited and nervous, now that it is so close. I am ready to change my life but so petrified by the surgery, have heard about surgeries with complications and hoping that I will have none. I have lost 5.5kg in 2 weeks on the optifast diet so my pre surgery weight should be around 116kg. Can anyone tell me the degree of pain I can expect after surgery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having my sleeve in 4 days   Having my sleeve in 4 days Empty

Back to top Go down

Having my sleeve in 4 days
Page 1 of 1