3 posters
AuthorMessage
RacyTracy
RacyTracy

Female
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2015-10-31

Another Newbie with lots of questions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie with lots of questions!   Another Newbie with lots of questions! EmptyThu 07 Jan 2016, 10:59 am

Hi FML

I went thru the O'clinic in Crows Nest and I have used my super to fund it, I am not getting done until the 3rd of Feb but I had no problems getting my super released, you have to jump thru a few hoops but nothing too serious. I still ended up upping my PHI so if any problems happen later on and I will probably need plastic surgery too hopefully when I lose a heap of weight. I was lucky in one way, my BMI was over 50 so I qualified to get done at Concord Hospital which ended up costing around $9900 but I think without that it would have been around $17000, I just didnt have the money to pay for it even with PHI so this way I'm not out of pocket anything.

If you have any more questions about using your super let me know.

I have booked 2 weeks off work and that seems to be ok from what I have read but I also have a desk job too.

Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture
aussiearies

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie with lots of questions!   Another Newbie with lots of questions! EmptyThu 07 Jan 2016, 8:52 am

This question has been asked and answered various times but might be difficult for you to fin. I personally would recommend waiting for the PHI to kick in because you just never know if there are complications you might need more time in hospital. Also many doctors won't operate without PHI
It is often the case that sleevers will need to have their gall bladder out sometime later, so the PHI helps.
There are many who have used their super and it is a topic here.

However I just read a post where the person got their quote from the surgeon and the fees have gone up by $4000 from what they asked their super fund for.

Of course it is a choice whether to wait or not and there will be many who will answer you with a different view. Only you can know what is right for you.
Back to top Go down
For my life

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Another Newbie with lots of questions!   Another Newbie with lots of questions! EmptyThu 07 Jan 2016, 7:24 am

Hello lovely people!
So pleased to have found this place, pretty amazing having access to this wealth of knowledge and support.
I am still checking to see if my questions have been answered elsewhere onsite so I don't bug the place with repeats, but haven't found this one yet and thought I would;
-My PHI will fall into place mid September with having 12month wait, but I want to do this sooner, so am looking to apply for early release of super instead, or am I better to wait? Anyone else considered this? I will need to apply for the funds to cover the gap aswell if I stick with PHI. Will they relate super if I am just waiting for PHI?

And one more question (for now!) how long have people had off work? In hospital? If I wait till September I am thinking 3 weeks off with the first week before school holds and then 2 weeks with the kids (7 and 9 by then), though is this a bit ambitious?

Thanks so much,
Excited to get on with it!

fml
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Newbie with lots of questions!   Another Newbie with lots of questions! Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Newbie with lots of questions!
Page 1 of 1