Bariatric surgery study invitation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bariatricsurgerystudy

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-11-06

Bariatric surgery study invitation Empty
PostSubject: Bariatric surgery study invitation   Bariatric surgery study invitation EmptyWed 16 Dec 2015, 5:22 am

Had bariatric surgery in the last 6 weeks?
I would like to invite you to take part in a study about wellbeing after bariatric surgery!

My name is Jade and I am a PhD candidate at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia. I am currently conducting a study on the lifestyles, health, and wellbeing of people in their first two years after receiving bariatric surgery. Through the study, I aim to learn more about how to help people like yourself get the most out of bariatric surgery, lose an optimal amount of weight, and improve overall health and wellbeing. 

The study requires participants to complete anonymous online surveys at 2-6 weeks post-surgery, then again at 6, 12, 18, and 24 months after their surgery. You will be asked questions about your wellbeing, experiences, and opinions on a range of issues after bariatric surgery. Each survey takes approximately 20 minutes.

The surveys are entirely anonymous; however, you will be asked to provide your email address at the end of the survey for the purposes of 1) sending you an anonymous participant number so that we can link your surveys across time points, and 2) organising reimbursement for your time. 

As a token of our appreciation for your time and effort, you will be reimbursed $10 for each survey you complete to a total of $50 if you complete all five surveys. The first payment will be received within one month after the completion of the first two surveys. 

I am looking for people in Australia who are scheduled to get surgery within the next couple of months OR received surgery in the last 6 weeks. 

To find out more about the study or to participate, please click on the following link: https://unswpsy.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eEyKWdy0PJdtXqB
You can also send me a private message, or simply reply to this post.

This project (HREAP 152-155) has been approved by the Human Research Committee at UNSW Australia.
Back to top Go down

Bariatric surgery study invitation
Page 1 of 1