Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Butterflybabe

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2015-11-01

Tentative surgery booking... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tentative surgery booking...   Tentative surgery booking... EmptyThu 05 Nov 2015, 11:31 am

Ive had reflux off and on since i committed to the surgery... how weird is that.. i assume it has something to do with nerves.. hahaha
So listening to your body is really key.. :-)
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Tentative surgery booking...   Tentative surgery booking... EmptyThu 05 Nov 2015, 10:58 am

I wouldn't stay on liquids more than the surgeon says.  For me, the reflux was awful during the liquid stage.  It got better on solids.

I think everyone is different, and it's just important to work out your own stomach.  I have a pretty good idea now of how much I can eat.  And how I will feel if I go even a bit over that.
Back to top Go down
Butterflybabe

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tentative surgery booking...   Tentative surgery booking... EmptyThu 05 Nov 2015, 10:46 am

Thats good to know!! Thats been one of my main fears, its handy to know its not universal.. :-)
So is the main trick to it eating small meals and just taking your time to make sure you dont over eat? On a few threads i read that a few people stayed on the liquid diet for quite a while.. that can only be a good thing right?
Love that there is this forum out there.. im sure next year this is going to be an awesome support network considering i have a very limited one here.. :-)
Back to top Go down
Box of Jewels
Part of the furniture
Box of Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2015-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Tentative surgery booking...   Tentative surgery booking... EmptyThu 05 Nov 2015, 10:35 am

I've never vomited (yet), so it's not compulsory.  
I've had a few moments where I've eaten just a bit too much, but I just feel uncomfortable for a bit, then it passes.  
It's not pleasant though, so it helps me not over eat next time.
Back to top Go down
Butterflybabe

Female

PostSubject: Re: Tentative surgery booking...   Tentative surgery booking... EmptyThu 05 Nov 2015, 3:29 am

Hi youngbelle!!
To make the time go faster ive booked my first appointment with the dietician in 2 weeks so im hoping that will speed the time along!!
Back to top Go down
youngbelle

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Tentative surgery booking...   Tentative surgery booking... EmptyWed 04 Nov 2015, 11:31 pm

Hey

I vomit, but i think that stems from how i was presurgery, anything and i mean anything that made me uncomfortable before surgery i brought up, now its the same. I think from what ive read that if you don't vomit you just sit in discomfort for a little while until it passes. But you learn what you should and shouldn't be doing. I had a nasal tube after surgery and that made me reach all the time and couldn't keep a thing down.

As for pajamas nighties its really a personal choice a lot of people like staying in the hospital gowns, i found straight after surgery is was better to be in the hospital gown but once i had the tube out of my nose it was so nice having a shower and getting into clean pajamas and i didnt have an issue with the drain tube.

Its awful what you have been through, but youre changing your life now, and thats what matters.
Honestly since having the surgery i am just a happier person, so much so that other people have commented on it, so weight aside really thats all you can hope for.

Sending you good vibes that you have a positive next 9 months and it goes fast for you Tentative surgery booking... 65317
Back to top Go down
Butterflybabe

Female

PostSubject: Tentative surgery booking...   Tentative surgery booking... EmptySun 01 Nov 2015, 9:53 pm

Hi everybody..
After a loooooooong mental struggle about surgery i have finally bitten the bullet and agreed to be sleeved.. ive been tentatively booked for July 2016 after meeting my surgeon in august as we need to wait for my PHI to kick in..
The plus side.. its given me a long time to prepare for the surgery..
The down side.. its given me a long time to prepare for the surgery.. haha

Sadly i found as soon as id had the appointment my lil brain went "EAT ALL THE FOOD!!" and ive put on 10kgs since august which im currently attempting to undo...

Ive been overweight pretty much all my life.. since i hit puberty at 13 my weight has just gone up and up and up.. now at 32 im 140kgs and over it.. the lowest weight i have ever been was 115 lost through diet and exercise after hitting my highest recorded weight of 155.. (i say recorded weight because i was REALLY good at avoiding the scales)... i lost weight because I wasn't working - being made redundant sucked when there were very few jobs going, i was doing a meal replacement diet and was training 2 hours a day at the gym.. pretty easy to maintain when you dont have to focus energy anywhere else..
Now that im working again, its a bit more tricky..
I work in office where at least 5 women have had various gastric surgeries done and none of them have had any issue with telling me how wonderful it is.. for this reason alone, theres only 3 people at work that ive told about my plans.. i dont need the condescending looks and the "helpful" advice from people who dont know me and dont know my struggle..
I know why im overweight.. every day its in my head.. its not a happy story but its my story and its taken me this long to admit to a few select people what happened to me in high school... i was abused.. thankfully not sexually but emotionally.. for 4 years i was told every single day several times a day that i should kill myself because i wasnt good enough.. i had no friends, i spent all my time alone and didnt have alot in the way of role models.. so now im manning up and finally dealing with it.. out of interest.. my family don't even know the true extent of how bad it was.. thats just how i am.. writing to anonymous people is wayyyy easier than telling people i know.. lol

Ok.. now that my overshare is out of the way... my questions...
Ive read a bit through the various threads about people needing to vomit after eating sometimes... what happens if you cant vomit?? I have a limited gag reflex that doesnt really let me upchuck even when i really want/need to.. (id be a terrible bulemic!)
Also... there was a convo on anothet thread nighties vs pyjamas in hospital.. ive never been in hospital so any thoughts would be really appreciated...
Im terrified and trying to get as much info as i can.. my surgeon seems really lovey - Dr Baker in Townsville.. he was straight to the point, honest with me and laid it all out which was great.. but its the little things i didnt realise i needed to know til i found this forum lol...

Ok... im done.. for now... i think..
Hahaha :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tentative surgery booking...   Tentative surgery booking... Empty

Back to top Go down

Tentative surgery booking...
Page 1 of 1