3 posters
AuthorMessage
youcandoit
youcandoit

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Sore foot HELP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sore foot HELP!   Sore foot HELP! EmptySat 01 Aug 2015, 12:35 pm

Hi
Just a quick update
The GP and surgeon both said it is very unlikely it is gout.
Had an xray but only found an old fracture.
Going for an ultrasound on Tuesday so should know what it is after that. It is actually feeling heaps better today. Hopefully on the mend.
Back to top Go down
Joybells
Part of the furniture
Joybells

Female
Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2015-05-04

Sore foot HELP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sore foot HELP!   Sore foot HELP! EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015, 9:06 am

You can, 
sorry to hear of your pain. I got gout that bad in thialand and could hardly walk. I,m like you and not suppose to have anti inflamatories. I have had gout before so knew what it felt like.
It flared again on the opti fast shakes as I had to do 6 weeks preop.
The area should be red and warm if it's gout.
I find tomatoes and the high protein diet will bring it on. Need to drink heaps. My urine smells strong of nitrites when I have a flare up.
We're not having red meat or wine so it must be the high protein diet. But that's my personal experience.
Drink plenty, no red meat, wine and it should go but it is very painful as its crystals in the bone joint. Can tell by a blood test.
Sore foot HELP! 787760
Back to top Go down
Healthyme10
Healthyme10

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2015-03-10

Sore foot HELP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sore foot HELP!   Sore foot HELP! EmptyFri 31 Jul 2015, 7:02 am

Hi - maybe also get an ultrasound in case it is a vein / DVT / other non-bone problem? Good luck!
Back to top Go down
youcandoit
youcandoit

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2014-07-18

Sore foot HELP! Empty
PostSubject: Sore foot HELP!   Sore foot HELP! EmptyThu 30 Jul 2015, 4:07 am

So...  I'm 13 days post op and fOr that last 3 days I've been unable to walk. Basically got up on Monday morning and noticed I had a sore foot. It was sore but I could still walk so thought not much of it. Did a couple of jobs then by lunch time I could barely walk on it. The pain seems to be along outer edge of my foot. I went to the GP who sent me for an X-ray but all clear. I'm also waiting on a call back from my surgeon. It may not even be related to the surgery but I've read of some getting things like gout after surgery... The GP said if it is it would be extremely unlikely. All he could do was tell me to put voltaren cream on it as I can't take anything. It's so frustrating. I had to get crutches so I can at least get myself around the house. Has anyone heard of anything or experienced something similar?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sore foot HELP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sore foot HELP!   Sore foot HELP! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sore foot HELP!
Page 1 of 1