4 posters
AuthorMessage
Reshers73
Reshers73

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-03-25

Visible stitches on the outside..!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visible stitches on the outside..!?!?   Visible stitches on the outside..!?!? EmptyThu 09 Apr 2015, 1:07 pm

greenfrog wrote:
Wow, there's some brave people here!!
My thoughts exactly Greenfrog!

I am pleased to announce that one fell out in the shower, so only one annoying stitch remains! :)
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Visible stitches on the outside..!?!?   Visible stitches on the outside..!?!? EmptyThu 09 Apr 2015, 12:19 pm

Wow, there's some brave people here!!
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Visible stitches on the outside..!?!?   Visible stitches on the outside..!?!? EmptyThu 09 Apr 2015, 10:52 am

I boiled my nail clippers and nipped the ends off.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Missjane
Missjane

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2015-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Visible stitches on the outside..!?!?   Visible stitches on the outside..!?!? EmptyThu 09 Apr 2015, 10:35 am

I just pulled mine out.  But then I also asked for pictures of my surgery. ..
Your GP or practice nurse will be able to nip them out if they're too annoying. 
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Visible stitches on the outside..!?!?   Visible stitches on the outside..!?!? EmptyWed 08 Apr 2015, 12:59 pm

I had a couple of stitches start poking out, a few weeks after surgery.  I think I was too scared to pull them out, but they eventually fell out themselves.  I think I covered one with a band-aid when it was annoying me.

I think there supposed to disolve, but sometimes your body tries to get rid of them faster...
Back to top Go down
Reshers73
Reshers73

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-03-25

PostSubject: Visible stitches on the outside..!?!?   Visible stitches on the outside..!?!? EmptyTue 07 Apr 2015, 6:53 am

Hi All,

At first I thought it was drying skin on the incisions from the sleeve op, but more than four weeks post-op, I realise that I can feel and see part of the nylon (?) stitch on two incisions as they are sticking out of my skin! Are they meant to dissolve, or will I have to tell my surgeon to pull them out?

One is just below my breasts (middle), and the other is on the left side of my tummy just above the panty line. Problem is that this one in particular can be quite painful when it rubs against my panties, or even work pants. I've been putting rose hip oil to help the skin heal, some feel itchy particularly after a shower (I am guilty of enjoying hot showers whenever I can!)

Any advice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visible stitches on the outside..!?!?   Visible stitches on the outside..!?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Visible stitches on the outside..!?!?
Page 1 of 1