mooka-manda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MissD

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2014-01-24

Stitch pain every time! Empty
PostSubject: Stitch pain here too   Stitch pain every time! EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014, 10:55 am

mooka-manda wrote:
Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help.
EVERY time I exercise (almost daily) I get an awful stitch pain under my right boob/ribs. It hurts so much sometimes I have to stop exercising. It usually passes after a few minutes but it's really annoying. And each time I have a sip of water while exercising I get the pain back, and it sometimes travels up to my shoulder like gas pain. Any tips on how to ease this? Or does it happen to anyone else? I really enjoy my exercise time (crazy, I know. Haha!!) but would love it to be stitch free.
Hi mooka-manda - just wondering if you are still having this stitch like pain? I find when I do strenuous exercise like running, that I get a bad pain at the site of incision - near the biggest scar. It's painful to roll onto my side in bed, and gives me a sharp stabbing like pain. Did you find it eased up after a while? I'm hoping it's just muscle healing up!
Back to top Go down
duzme

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-11-22

PostSubject: stitch pain   Stitch pain every time! EmptyFri 22 Nov 2013, 8:07 am

I have lodged an inquiry regarding pain on my left side occasionally. I'm thinking it is all related to
the CO2 that was pumped into the abdomen during surgery?
I'm hoping the pain on the left is a simple residual pain from instruments being inserted or perhaps internal stitching in that area
Will check with my doctor or surgeon next visit
My new belly seems to be coping with tiny amounts of my pureed food so far
Back to top Go down
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain every time!   Stitch pain every time! EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 1:10 pm

Totally not an expert so don't take my answer as gospel

BUT...

I sometimes get stitches as well when running and my PT said its just because I am still overweight and there are things rubbing on the inside which is the cause!?! I hope that makes sense? it did to me!

Secondly the wind after the sleeve - mine was CRAZY intense PAIN!! I did two things.. one had a heat pack (I got these amazing ones that are like peel/stick? Like you peel the back and stick it wherever you need it? It was soo good! secondly I got Degas - its a tablet from the chemist that helped me heaps as well...
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
Sazzles
Sazzles

Female
Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2013-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain every time!   Stitch pain every time! EmptyFri 19 Jul 2013, 3:34 am

Sorry guys I have no answers for u.  Might be wind. But the pain under your right boob might be from gallstones.  I would get it checked out if I were u
Back to top Go down
SoniaO

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Stitches all the time!   Stitch pain every time! EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013, 11:40 am

Hi, I'm one week post gastric sleeve and I get a stitch like pain in various parts of my abdomen daily and usually all day. Sometimes in the morning I am pain free, but for most of the day I have a sharp pain. I'm not sure what it is - often I think it's a wind pain, but I can also get the pain in my shoulder. I recall the physio saying in hospital that sometimes those shooting pains can be due to the nerve irritation from the operation. I don't know if it's worse from dairy or any other food product, but I had it in hospital when I was NBM also.
Hopefully someone might have a clearer answer, but I do understand how you feel and I too wish to be stitch-free!
Back to top Go down
mooka-manda
mooka-manda

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Stitch pain every time!   Stitch pain every time! EmptyWed 17 Jul 2013, 11:00 am

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help.
EVERY time I exercise (almost daily) I get an awful stitch pain under my right boob/ribs. It hurts so much sometimes I have to stop exercising. It usually passes after a few minutes but it's really annoying. And each time I have a sip of water while exercising I get the pain back, and it sometimes travels up to my shoulder like gas pain. Any tips on how to ease this? Or does it happen to anyone else? I really enjoy my exercise time (crazy, I know. Haha!!) but would love it to be stitch free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stitch pain every time!   Stitch pain every time! Empty

Back to top Go down

Stitch pain every time!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Exercise-
Jump to: