2 posters
AuthorMessage
Floradora
Floradora

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2014-08-26

I got my super released this week because of advice I read here Empty
PostSubject: Re: I got my super released this week because of advice I read here   I got my super released this week because of advice I read here EmptyFri 28 Nov 2014, 5:14 am

Sounds good for the I'd. You need a confirmation from your health insurer that u are coveted for.item I phoned mine & they emailed it. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
reddragon
reddragon

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2014-08-24

PostSubject: Re: I got my super released this week because of advice I read here   I got my super released this week because of advice I read here EmptyWed 26 Nov 2014, 3:39 am

Thanks for that advice Floradora :)

No, at my 1st appointment my surgeon didnt mention how long I would be on Optifast, however he did say that I had to lose at least 8kg before my operation date on the 27th Feb.    So I have just decided to start Optifast on the 1st January so that I can smash that 8kg and more!!

So the 100 point proof of ID items I will be using is a photocopy of my birth certificate signed by JP and a photocopy of my medicare card and Private health insurance card also signed by a JP..which then add up to 100 points.

Is that what you did?  Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere on here but Im at work and dont have the time atm to scour through posts.

Also with claiming the excess you have to pay with Private health insurance ( mines $500) ...did you just attach a copy of your health insurance policy to show them what the excess will be?

I have downloaded the excel budget planner from the gov website so I'm filling that out tonight and then hoping to get everything else done so I can post it on Friday.
Back to top Go down
Floradora
Floradora

Female

PostSubject: Re: I got my super released this week because of advice I read here   I got my super released this week because of advice I read here EmptySun 23 Nov 2014, 9:55 pm

Reddragon, Im not sure u can email it. I think its a print off& mail on,they want the actual hard copies of the ID docs etc. Good luck.
Fd
Back to top Go down
Floradora
Floradora

Female

PostSubject: Re: I got my super released this week because of advice I read here   I got my super released this week because of advice I read here EmptySun 23 Nov 2014, 9:50 pm

Yes. You must get your proof of ID signed by jp they will send it back otherwise. Your GP letter must say life threatening somewhere , & make sure u have signed DFSforms from both doctors as well as the letters of support. My claim took approx 3 weeks to decision.I tripple checked my figures and that I'd done everything on the form. I was at my wits end with the personal statement but made it very polite because I thought its the last thing they read on the form & the admin guy/girl is probably as fed up with reading it as I was writing it. Out of interest did your doc tell u in the consult how many weeks pre-op you would have to optifast? Mine said nothing. & my preop appoint is a few weeks away.
Back to top Go down
reddragon
reddragon

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2014-08-24

PostSubject: Re: I got my super released this week because of advice I read here   I got my super released this week because of advice I read here EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 6:17 am

That's awesome news!  Lots of relief now that you've been approved I bet!

I've got my surgeons letter of referal stating I need the surgery and its not available in the public system and stating how much the surgery is after PHI and he has filled out all the forms for early release of super, so now I just need to get my GP to do the same and attach my budget spreadsheet and a note from me explaining why I need it, then call my super fund to find out the balance .... and then email it in (if I can do that) and then wait.

Do I have to get anything certified though by a JP?
Back to top Go down
Floradora
Floradora

Female

PostSubject: I got my super released this week because of advice I read here   I got my super released this week because of advice I read here EmptyThu 13 Nov 2014, 12:22 pm

I got my super released this week because of advice I read here 618285 I'm a bit of a lurker on these boards, but I have to give a sincere thanks to the many posters whose gave advice to others.
 I read through all the strands before filing in my  DFS super release form. 
To put it simply it's cash in v cash out monthly (taking account of any savings or assets). My figures just didn't add up, until I used the govt budget site I read about here (& finally discovered where the money went!!). Using the average family figures for items like entertainment & clothing etc rounded out the expenses honestly.

My advice: read these threads, be honest & submit an additional attachment budget for the item where you have to list any other expenses. Look at the govt my budget site for the regular expenses you forget about (eg kids sports rego /weekly subs  & uniforms & the bloody special gold plated boots/shoes -add them all together & divide by 12). Write an honest & respectful personal statement. If your figures day up then you should be ok.

I asked for my out of pocket medical expenses as per doctors quote, they gave me that plus my  PHS hospital stay excess payment. 

Good luck everyone

Fd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got my super released this week because of advice I read here   I got my super released this week because of advice I read here Empty

Back to top Go down

I got my super released this week because of advice I read here
Page 1 of 1