Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kaz62

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-10-29

Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.    Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.  EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014, 8:45 pm

I am due to have my surgery on 10th December. I am going through Dr Craig Taylor at the OClinic at Crows nest. Dr Taylor is lovely and has done many surgeries of this type. I also have accessed my super to fund it and will be having the surgery at Concord Hospital... All the best for your journey.  Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.  446871

Cheers
Kaz
Back to top Go down
Newmein2014
Newmein2014

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2014-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.    Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.  EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014, 8:31 pm

I had my surgery about 8 months ago with Dr Jorgensen, my surgery and recovery have been problem free. 

I was booked in with another surgeon and changed to Dr J at the last minute on recommendation.

Although he's a bit aloof (most surgeons are) his team are great and each follow up appointment is included and you see the nurse, nutritionist and Dr at each appointment.

The team at kogarah private were also fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Winding back the clock

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.    Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.  EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014, 6:05 pm

Ady wrote:
I'm planning on having surgery in the new year but I really don't know where to start  in finding a good surgeon with the before and after care all in the price. Look forward to your recommendations and advice 😃
 Hi Andy … like you I'm new at this, and I'm searching for similar info. I have been recommended Dr Jorgensen as a surgeon by someone went under his operating hands, what seems like 5 plus year ago. He's 60plus year old, had some pretty serious compromising health issues starting to impact, and tis man has had nothing but praise for his choice and all things associated to the surgeon and having surgery. Nothing but praise for the surgeon. Thats a good start. So I took a look at this surgeon. Googled him by name, and several threads of conversation have come up. He continues to be my surgeon of choice, unless someone else has additional information (good or otherwise), that feel is note worthy. So I  contacted his office, and have enlisted to attend his next info night. I am aware many (maybe most) want you to attend an information evening, and they want you to do that before they'll see you, and yep you'll need a referral. I suspect if you take a look at the many surgeons that do this work, many names will present, and they too will have information nights not unlike Dr Jorgensen. I a however aware that Dr Jorgensen has performed many of this kind of operation. I can also suggest it is work the journey to travel to your surgeon of choice when you find him. As an RN that has a long history in healthcare, these are some of the tricks of the trade learnt on the work journey. Dr Jorgensen does not operate on my side of town, yet I'm heading his way. Additionally, if you take a look and you know of someone who has had siilar work; and should you feel able to speak with them … ask. I now know of several people who have had this work, many of which are very happy with the outcome. But there are not many that I feel comfortable discussing this with. I have another friend who has really happy with her surgeon, and she had work done in Newcastle. She's female, is now 8mths post surgery, was another RN that did a huge search on both topic, surgeons, and how best to pay for it, and she gave me great direction. She has dropped some 47kg's.Thats pretty impressive!

Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.  369315 All power to you. Like you this is now my journey. So like you, I get to walk the walk, and talk the talk. I can share … that I have found it exciting that this lady helped me to understand superannuation will foot the bill for health and well being purposes, to what could potentially be life threatening ...Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.  697586if not done. Now, thats not a nice thought. I was about to pay this directly from my pocket, but am now seeking info to have my super fund this. It takes a little bit of work (I am to understand), and I believe there is paperwork involved, and it needs super approval, before it will be paid out. I'm about to use this forum to identify, where to search for the info, to start this road. Good luck with your journey.
Back to top Go down
Ady

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-10-28

PostSubject: Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.    Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.  EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014, 9:12 am

I'm planning on having surgery in the new year but I really don't know where to start in finding a good surgeon with the before and after care all in the price. Look forward to your recommendations and advice 😃
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.    Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommendations of surgeons/clinics in Sydney please.
Page 1 of 1