Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NewMe2014/2015

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney   Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney EmptySun 16 Mar 2014, 2:17 am

How did you go yesno123? I am currently on optifast trying to lose some before surgery but know its a 'risk' that BMI will be lower and hoping this isn't going to prevent someone agreeing to surgery when my private health is up in 8 months
Back to top Go down
yesno123

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney   Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney EmptySat 05 Oct 2013, 1:27 am

swift788 wrote:
Hey yesno123,

I don't really know if this will help at all, but I was sleeved by Dr Martin in Strathfield about 7 weeks ago. I had a BMI of 34-35 so still low and everything was all good for me.

The first app I had I met with a lady called Dr Rigas (works alongside Dr Martin) and she discusses with you why you are looking at surgery and what life history with food and health problems you've had etc. I reckon it might be worth a shot to speak to your doctor and ask for a referral to see Dr Martin at Strathfield Private. I cannot recommend him more highly. I don't know whether he does patients with a BMI under 30 or not but everyone at his surgery were fantastic. If anything, you can always ring the surgery and speak to his head receptionist Erin (she's awesome) and find out that way. The number is 9747 6166. 

all the best :)
Hi Swift788,

Thank you so much for this. I will contact Dr Martin and hopefully, he is willing to sleeve me.

Anyone else have any recommendations for surgeons?

Thanks all.
Back to top Go down
swift788
swift788

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney   Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney EmptyWed 02 Oct 2013, 11:17 am

Hey yesno123,

I don't really know if this will help at all, but I was sleeved by Dr Martin in Strathfield about 7 weeks ago. I had a BMI of 34-35 so still low and everything was all good for me.

The first app I had I met with a lady called Dr Rigas (works alongside Dr Martin) and she discusses with you why you are looking at surgery and what life history with food and health problems you've had etc. I reckon it might be worth a shot to speak to your doctor and ask for a referral to see Dr Martin at Strathfield Private. I cannot recommend him more highly. I don't know whether he does patients with a BMI under 30 or not but everyone at his surgery were fantastic. If anything, you can always ring the surgery and speak to his head receptionist Erin (she's awesome) and find out that way. The number is 9747 6166. 

all the best :)
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney   Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney EmptySun 29 Sep 2013, 8:32 am

Sorry but I can't help you with the surgeons. I guess you would have to ring around and see who will answer with a NO or its possible with out an appt.

Have you considered a nutritionalist. They are free via community health.
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney   Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney EmptySun 29 Sep 2013, 8:32 am

Sorry but I can't help you with the surgeons. I guess you would have to ring around and see who will answer with a NO or its possible with out an appt.

Have you considered a nutritionalist. They are free via community health.
Back to top Go down
yesno123

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-09-29

PostSubject: Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney   Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney EmptySun 29 Sep 2013, 6:53 am

Hi everyone,

Long story short. I have been very heavy during my life time. Have thought about this surgery for a long time.

Anyways, I just want to know if anyone on here can let me know of any surgeons that are understanding and would be able to undertake this Sleeve surgery on a young male with a BMi of about 29ish.

I know my BMI is not over 30 but I have always gained heaps of weight and I only have been able to lose weight through being extremely depressed (worst way to lose weight since I didn't eat). I am gaining weight everyday and I just cannot control my weight anymore and the way I eat. I have had a BMI of over 30 during most of my life.

IF anyone could PM me or post on here, a surgeon who is understanding and does or has operated on anyone below a BMI of 30, that would be greatly appreciated. This is in the Sydney region.

Thank you so much and quick responses would be great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney   Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney Empty

Back to top Go down

Low BMI - recommendations of any surgeons Sydney
Page 1 of 1