Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Soren Lorenson

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover   Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover EmptyTue 25 Nov 2014, 4:41 am

I ended up having the appointment with the public surgeon. He was happy that I was a candidate for the sleeve but said it would be about 18-24 months before I could be sleeved. I still haven't technically had the initial consult at the clinic in Adelaide as I got to see him when he was visiting a rural hospital for reflux investigation and a gastroscopy. But he put the referral through. Since then though I have spoken t my husband and we have taken out private health just for me not the rest of the family. I have seen a private surgeon in Adelaide and can be done by them next September. But since then..... we have basically decided to go to Dr Liew on the Gold Coast anyway. I've come a long way in the last 3 months ;-)
Back to top Go down
AllieM

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover   Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover EmptyFri 21 Nov 2014, 3:07 am

Dr Leong he is based at Salisbury
Back to top Go down
Soren Lorenson

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover   Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover EmptyMon 15 Sep 2014, 4:12 am

Wow! 5 years :-( So far I have an appt to speak to a public surgeon through a public hospital. The hospital told me that the waiting list is long but she wouldn't even tell me if that meant months or years. I've also just rung and taken up private hospital cover but I'm worried how I will afford it, not to mention the 12 month wait is a bummer but better than potentially 5 years I guess. Now I'm about to look into the superannuation release option. Not that I think that is an option to help pay for the ongoing health insurance payments.
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover   Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover EmptyMon 15 Sep 2014, 3:27 am

Im not sure on the waiting lists in SA, but you cant even get on the waiting list for the sleeve to be done in the public system in Vic anymore. A friend of mine was done publicly about 2 years ago, he was on the list for 5 years.

I would recommend PHI if you can afford it.
Back to top Go down
Ellio17
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 574
Registration date : 2014-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover   Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover EmptyMon 15 Sep 2014, 3:00 am

Hiya,
1st thing I'd recommend is to get private health insurance, then you will need to wait the 12 months..
My surgeon, Michael France doesn't take on any patients that don't have private health cover.

Cheers,

Elly
Back to top Go down
Soren Lorenson

Female

PostSubject: Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover   Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover EmptyMon 15 Sep 2014, 2:01 am

Hi. I do t really know where to start. I live 500 km from Adelaide but can travel. I have no Private hospital cover. Please recommend a surgeon , clinic and or hospital to help me get started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover   Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover Empty

Back to top Go down

Recommendations for surgeons in SA - i don't have private hospital cover
Page 1 of 1