AuthorMessage
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

Severe Reflux and Nausea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Severe Reflux and Nausea   Severe Reflux and Nausea EmptyWed 08 Oct 2014, 12:20 pm

Of course I had to google what that was!
I didn't understand most of it, but it didn't sound like a good thing to be living in your tummy!

Glad they sorted it out, and hope your doing much better.
Back to top Go down
Maryle

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Severe Reflux and Nausea   Severe Reflux and Nausea EmptyTue 07 Oct 2014, 9:44 am

Thanks for letting us know. I have an appt on Fri. I'm now down to 51 despite really trying to gain. Now they reckon it's my new tumours but I don't believe that.

I'm insisting on another gastroscopy to rule out something wrong in my stomach and I'll ask for that test too.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Severe Reflux and Nausea   Severe Reflux and Nausea EmptyTue 07 Oct 2014, 9:09 am

Garfield,

I am so thrilled to hear you may have found a solution and finally, some relief.

Sorry it had to get so bad but I hope it's all onwards and upwards from here.

Congrats,
Tara
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Severe Reflux and Nausea   Severe Reflux and Nausea EmptyTue 07 Oct 2014, 7:59 am

I have been suffering for severe reflux and constant nausea for months thinking it was completely normal to the point I had a spit bucket next to my bed (charming) and couldn't eat anything more then soups  - if that.  So of course I lost a HEAP of weight to the point I dropped to 42kg and couldn't even lift my head to get out of bed.  Everyone kept on saying it's reflux, increase the dosage blah blah so I bit the bullet and went back to my surgeon demanding another barium swallow.  I didn't even get to make the appointment after getting a referral before I collapsed from dehydration and exhaustion.  Finally tested they found a stricture and I had an gastroscopy to stretch it out.  Feeling better 24hrs later I got to go home but went back downhill again same symptoms within 6hrs of getting home.

Second gastroscopy they took a sample and found out I have Helicobacter pylori.  From what I can tell there isn't that much knowledge about it but the treatment is simple enough - and only for 7 days with me feeling like a new person by the 3rd day.

So for all of you suffering, demand a test - it can be done by blood sample and it can make a HUGE difference to your life!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Severe Reflux and Nausea   Severe Reflux and Nausea Empty

Back to top Go down

Severe Reflux and Nausea
Page 1 of 1