AuthorMessage
hazelbaby
Part of the furniture
hazelbaby

Female
Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2011-08-20

Help and tips on severe heartburn? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help and tips on severe heartburn?   Help and tips on severe heartburn? EmptyFri 27 Jul 2012, 9:23 am

Hi,

My dr also puts everyone on pariet for at least 3 months post op. I found it didn't work for me after months of discomfort, new tummy, new reflux feeling. Anyhoo, I now take nexium 40 daily and really notice if I miss one!!!!!!!!!

Reflux is now aggressively treated as it has been linked to oesophageal problems if it's not ( according to my GP).
Back to top Go down
Racheypoo

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Help and tips on severe heartburn?   Help and tips on severe heartburn? EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012, 3:17 pm

We may have had the same surgeon ssssssssss. Mr Epari put me on Nexium daily. I am now down to one every fortnight or so when it flares up. The only thing that works for me - and I tried everything when I was pregnant. Zantac was okay for a quick fix.
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Help and tips on severe heartburn?   Help and tips on severe heartburn? EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

Sorry to sound like an echo (or a parrot) Jessie...but I would also suggest you go straight to either GP or phone call to your surgeon and get straight on to the nexium (or equivalent). There are all sorts of reasons why you don't want to live with severe heartburn...not least of which is the discomfit. Interestingly, I think my surgeon automatically puts all his sleevers on nexium for the first three months. You might find that that's enough to get over it...or that you need to be on the meds for longer.

In any event, you don't need to compound your recovery by having to live with somethings that's so treatable.

Good Luck

S
Back to top Go down
BFSCOTT
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Help and tips on severe heartburn?   Help and tips on severe heartburn? EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 12:56 pm

I'd personally go to the GP and get Nexium, I had issues with heartburn after the band removal and the Gaviscon was ok but the Nexium was just one tablet first thing in the morning and that was it sorted for the day.

Good luck with it, its a bloody horrible thing.

Scott
Back to top Go down
Jessie79

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Help and tips on severe heartburn?   Help and tips on severe heartburn? EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 12:38 pm

Thanks heaps. I'll go to the shops first thing in the morning, the pain is terrible!
Back to top Go down
amanda O'D
Part of the furniture
amanda O'D

Female
Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2010-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Help and tips on severe heartburn?   Help and tips on severe heartburn? EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 12:11 pm

Hi Jessie

Gavascon will help you for now, but at your checkup ask for a script for some anti-reflux meds, a lot of us find that we need to take them.

I take pariet 3 times a week and zoton daily myself, or i find myself in agony.

smiles Mandy
Back to top Go down
Jessie79

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-06-26

PostSubject: Help and tips on severe heartburn?   Help and tips on severe heartburn? EmptyFri 13 Jul 2012, 11:59 am

Hi

I was sleeved only 8 days ago and in the last day and especially today I have severe heartburn. The pain is so bad even drinking water.

Can I buy anything over the counter to see if it will settle? Or do I need to see my GP?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help and tips on severe heartburn?   Help and tips on severe heartburn? Empty

Back to top Go down

Help and tips on severe heartburn?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: