9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tarnie
Tarnie

Female
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-01-07

Jewellery to mark the occasion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jewellery to mark the occasion   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyThu 25 Sep 2014, 9:35 am

I'm going to buy a ring I've decided.  I"ve only ever had engagement rings as my fingers are so fat.... (yes plural lol, I've nearly gone all the way 3 times, only did it once in the end). 
My fingers are already smaller :-)
Back to top Go down
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuUMtkU/]
greenfrog
Part of the furniture
greenfrog

Female
Number of posts : 634
Registration date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Jewellery to mark the occasion   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyWed 10 Sep 2014, 11:58 am

DayleD I love the idea of the hungry caterpillar tatt!

I have been trying for ages to decide what Tatt I am going to get when I get to my goal weight.  Now along with a quote from a Jane Austen book and some flowers, I'm adding the hungry caterpillar!

My fav book as a kid! hehe
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Jewellery to mark the occasion   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyMon 08 Sep 2014, 11:26 am

That's a really great idea Singlemumto1, you should do it :)  Imagine in a year or two and looking at it thinking...wow, look how much I've achieved.
Back to top Go down
Singlemumto1

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2013-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Jewellery to mark the occasion   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyMon 08 Sep 2014, 9:27 am

Something I've been thinking of doing is getting a Pandora bracelet and rewarding myself with a new charm at significant milestones, that way, the bracelet will represent my whole journey.
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2014-06-23

PostSubject: Jewellery   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyFri 22 Aug 2014, 6:36 am

I did a little search on caterpillars and of course I ended up with Back Hoes and Tractors and all sorts of stuff..lol.. Found a couple of little caterpillars but there really wasn't much but I did find a very cute 'Inch Worm' which I could pretend was a caterpillar. Another thought was an Owl and I am now older and wiser and doing something for myself or a heart as one of my main motivators to have WLS is to take care of my heart and release it from all its gooey yellow fat, poor thing.
I did buy a gorgeous Tee shirt today with a dragonfly on it and 'Just Believe' as I need to just believe that one day this weight problem will be gone, it is so hard to believe. I tried to post a photo on here but it didn't work so I will post it to my Blog...

http://willowgirl62.blogspot.com.au/
Back to top Go down
reboot
reboot

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2014-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Jewellery to mark the occasion   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyFri 22 Aug 2014, 2:59 am

Hey thanks for starting this thread. 
I hadn't considered having the surgery as transformation. I have seen it has just getting rid of baggage, rubbish that I have carried to long.  I like the butterfly idea but its a little scary for me as it makes me worry about how many changes are going to happen over the next year and I often find the idea of change quiet intimidating - how do you conceive of the next phase of you life? 
 Jewellery to mark the occasion 697586
Back to top Go down
Msforgiven83
Msforgiven83

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Jewellery to mark the occasion   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyThu 21 Aug 2014, 1:19 pm

WondaWendy wrote:
Maybe you should buy a little caterpillar charm for a necklace or bracelet, and when you reach your goal (or lose a significant whack of weight) you could get a butterfly ring to represent your new life. Maybe that's just fanciful but it just came into my mind, lol!

I'm totally stealing that idea Wendy!!! :)
Back to top Go down
http://thelongweighhome.blogspot.com.au/
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Jewellery to mark the occasion   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyThu 21 Aug 2014, 12:53 pm

I decided, that somewhere around my one year anniversary, I'm going to get myself something with an Opal in it. Most likely a pretty little pendant, something lovely and delicate, which won't look out of place around my neck.

I chose the Opal because I was sleeved in October, it's the October birthstone, and the October 2013 group.. you'll never guess what we called ourselves!
Back to top Go down
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Jewellery to mark the occasion   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyThu 21 Aug 2014, 11:07 am

What a great idea.  Perhaps getting a necklace/charm would be easier than finding a ring to fit, just a thought.  Or a bracelet with a butterfly charm, that way you'd still see it all the time but buying a bigger bracelet (that you could take links out and reduce in size when ready) would perhaps be easier to find.  Whatever you decide, good luck with your search and let us know what you got.

I haven't bought anything for when I started, but I'm going to get a tattoo when I reach 'weight maintenance' stage.  This may sound weird to some, but I love the colours and design of The Hungry Caterpillar, and thought I might get this somewhere...as in caterpillar to butterfly.  The only thing that stops me is thinking that it might be construed as just a grub, lol. 

Cheers, DayleD
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female

PostSubject: Caterpillar   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyThu 21 Aug 2014, 11:04 am

I didn't think of a caterpillar but that is a good one. Thank you
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Jewellery to mark the occasion   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyThu 21 Aug 2014, 10:51 am

Maybe you should buy a little caterpillar charm for a necklace or bracelet, and when you reach your goal (or lose a significant whack of weight) you could get a butterfly ring to represent your new life. Maybe that's just fanciful but it just came into my mind, lol!
Back to top Go down
Willowgirl
Part of the furniture
Willowgirl

Female

PostSubject: Jewellery to mark the occasion   Jewellery to mark the occasion EmptyThu 21 Aug 2014, 10:44 am

Hi Friends, I had the bright idea today as I was walking through the shopping centre to buy myself a piece of jewellery to represent my new life that started today when I started the Opti phase. Rather fancied a ring that had a butterfly or something linking to represent my old life and new life...Do you think I could get a ring for my fat finger...booooooo
Of course it didn't have to be a ring but I would like to wear it and look at my hand and remember how far I had come. Still all is not lost, shopping again tomorrow and I might give Ebay a nudge tonight.
Anyone else bought anything to mark the occasion?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jewellery to mark the occasion   Jewellery to mark the occasion Empty

Back to top Go down

Jewellery to mark the occasion
Page 1 of 1