4 posters
AuthorMessage
innerninja
innerninja

Female
Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2013-12-12

Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve?   Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve? EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014, 6:18 am

My menopause has not altered at all since my sleeve. I do not take anything to help with the symptoms. but I have to tell you I am really feeling the cold at the moment and I actually look forward to the hot flushes just to feel warm!!
Back to top Go down
Drexl
Drexl

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2014-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve?   Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve? EmptySun 08 Jun 2014, 5:51 am

That's shitty bluebags 😟 I'm crossing my fingers I go down the 
Nini path 👍
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve?   Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve? EmptySun 08 Jun 2014, 4:11 am

Unfortunately unlike Nini I have had no improvement whatsoever I have hormone patches as I do not want to use the full tablet form of HRT as it gave me bleeding.  My moods are not that big a problem to me but I'll admit there are occasions where they do fluctuate more then usual.  My sweating is my biggest problem it is full on and maybe even more then when I was fat but keep in mind I was also taking tablet form back then maybe thats why it wasn't so full on.  My sleep is almost non existent at times I do think that some of us are just plain unlucky I don't think its our weight I think its more about heredity my Mum complained of Menopause from 35 after her hysterectomy she is now 82 and still has flushes from time to time.  My sister was advised from a Professor of Womens health she worked with that some suffer forever I think that is me.  Oh how sweet it is.
Back to top Go down
Drexl
Drexl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve?   Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve? EmptySun 08 Jun 2014, 12:16 am

Thanx so much Nini! That certainly sounds promising! Thanx for the reply! 💋💋
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve?   Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve? EmptySat 07 Jun 2014, 4:07 pm

Hi Drexl,

Pre-Sleeve I had to go on hormone replacement therapy to help with the horrible hot flushes, interrupted sleep patterns, mood swings and anxiety/panic attacks. I had never had anxiety prior to this and I didn't feel like my usual happy self at all. I hated being teary and not in control. My surgeon required that I go off my HRT for six weeks after the surgery to reduce the risk of clots. I had already lost about 15 kg prior to the op and was feeling much better in myself but I was worried about the menopausal symptoms coming back. After the operation the hot flushes came back after a week or so but not a quarter as bad as before. I have not experienced any anxiety episodes at all. I am now almost 11 months out and have still not gone back on my HRT. I am contemplating the idea though as every thing has dried out and my libido could do with a boost. Overall I think that losing the weight has improved my menopause experience. It is definitely better to have hot flushes while your slimmer, I don't get as sweaty and red in the face. I feel a lot younger than I did pre-sleeve.  
I don't have varicose veins so I can't help you on that one but my stress incontinence improved 100%. Now I am not worried about sneezing or coughing. LOL.

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
Drexl
Drexl

Female

PostSubject: Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve?   Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve? EmptySat 07 Jun 2014, 6:20 am

Hello Ladies,

I myself have just entered the Perimenopausal stage & am wondering if the sleeve & weight loss either exacerbates or relieves the symptoms? Any ladies out there have any first hand experience?
Also ladies with varicose veins, have they improved since weight loss?

Thanx for reading! :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve?   Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve? Empty

Back to top Go down

Menopause/Perimenopause with Sleeve?
Page 1 of 1