Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rebirth
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2014-05-31

long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible? Empty
PostSubject: Re: long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible?   long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible? EmptyThu 30 Oct 2014, 9:44 pm

Awesome! I had the sleeve almost 7 weeks ago. I already feel a thousand times better and am planning an 8 week ride :-)
Back to top Go down
Nini
Part of the furniture
Nini

Female
Number of posts : 952
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible?   long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible? EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014, 4:25 pm

I don't know from personal experience but a lot of other Sleeved people I know have taken up doing half marathons. 

In fact one of the first WLS bloggers I followed became a triathlete. She has scaled back a bit since having an accident and getting a head injury but she has just started to compete again.
http://www.fattyfightsback.com/

cheers Nini
Back to top Go down
shiftworker101

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-10-29

PostSubject: Re: long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible?   long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible? EmptyWed 29 Oct 2014, 2:02 pm

Just wondering if you managed to get this question answered either in the community or by trial and error yourself?
I am keen on getting the sleeve to help me control my portion size as I like exercise and participate in long rides etc and don't want to stop them because of the sleeve.
Back to top Go down
rebirth
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2014-05-31

PostSubject: long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible?   long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible? EmptySat 31 May 2014, 1:48 pm

Hi :-)
I've been thinking about going the sleeve since Jan 2013.  Have had my first appointment (early last year) and spoke with a nutritionist at the Oclinic.  I found though she didn't know anything about sleeves and long distance physical events.  I love long distance walks (ie 1500km +) and long distance bike rides (2000km +).  I also love caving, canyoning, snorkeling...and SO want to try scuba. 

I'd love to hear from long distance sleevers, is it possible to ride for 8 hours a day with a tiny stomach?  How would I keep my energy and fluid levels up?

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible?   long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible? Empty

Back to top Go down

long distance cycling will sleeve make this impossible?
Page 1 of 1