AuthorMessage
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

How long in advance can we make a date? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long in advance can we make a date?   How long in advance can we make a date? EmptySun 14 Sep 2014, 11:21 pm

Ive been where you are - I saw my surgeon 2 weeks after I took out PHI.  (yeah thats right, with 11 and 1/2 months to wait :P)

It was treated as an information session, got a lot of information and then made an appt to return 3 months out from PHI kicking in. I also saw it as, if I didnt 'click' with him, I still had plenty of time to find another :)

Ive since had that appt, and have had all the preop tests, and seen the dietitian etc so I will be ready to go as soon as PHI kicks in. It can take 2-3 months from seeing the surgeon before you can have the procedure anyway.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: How long in advance can we make a date?   How long in advance can we make a date? EmptySun 14 Sep 2014, 10:23 pm

Bendemic, as long as you know you are a candidate for the procedure and that you have the right level of health care cover to cover it, I'd just go about 3 months out. If you haven't chosen a surgeon yet, I'd be doing some research in the time you have and watching feedback etc. from others to help.

It's really up to you though and if you wanna get the ball rolling, go for it! lol

Welcome to the site btw. How long in advance can we make a date? 65317
Back to top Go down
PC
Part of the furniture
PC

Male
Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2014-06-15

PostSubject: Re: How long in advance can we make a date?   How long in advance can we make a date? EmptySun 14 Sep 2014, 3:22 pm

You could, but I'd wait a few months at least..

..Unless you would contemplate withdrawing a huge chunk of money from your superannuation to cover the entire cost of the surgery and the private hospital stay, without touching the (nonexistant) health insurance.  It's a lot of cash, but you may think it's worth it.

Do you even know you'll be in the same city in 10 months time?  Will your surgeon be on leave in 10 months time, necessitating a visit to a colleague or a competitor?  It's a bit too far out IMHO if you're serious about waiting until your insurance kicks in.
Back to top Go down
Bendemic

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-09-13

PostSubject: How long in advance can we make a date?   How long in advance can we make a date? EmptySun 14 Sep 2014, 2:37 pm

I've only just joined up for PHI so I have a 10 month wait ahead of me. Can I go see a doctor now about getting a sleeve knowing that I wont be covered for a year or should I wait until I'm over the waiting period?

Ben.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long in advance can we make a date?   How long in advance can we make a date? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long in advance can we make a date?
Page 1 of 1