6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aussie Doll
Aussie Doll

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-05-12

Probably a bit early to join but very excited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 8:18 am

Will do :)
Back to top Go down
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2014-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 8:15 am

Aussie Doll wrote:
I did find Nini in one of the other pages. I sent her a private message about the Tassie sleevers page because I can't find it lol

Thanks hunni :)

You are welcome :)  If you get any details Gail, I would be so obliged.... :)
Back to top Go down
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w5LMiqU/weight.png
Aussie Doll
Aussie Doll

Female

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 8:13 am

I did find Nini in one of the other pages. I sent her a private message about the Tassie sleevers page because I can't find it lol

Thanks hunni :)
Back to top Go down
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female

PostSubject: Thank You Gail   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 8:10 am

Aussie Doll wrote:
You WILL do it :)

Its the first stage for the rest of your life....  Probably a bit early to join but very excited 217555 I'm so excited for you.
 kiss Thank you Gail, you as well... and as a say do look out for Nini... apparently there is a Tassie Sleevers Facebook account.. by invitation but I havent been successful in finding it.

I will look out for you   and be equally excited for you x
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll
Aussie Doll

Female

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 8:07 am

You WILL do it :)

Its the first stage for the rest of your life....  Probably a bit early to join but very excited 217555 I'm so excited for you.
Back to top Go down
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female

PostSubject: Optifast   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 8:03 am

Aussie Doll wrote:
Have you joined up with the optifast website? They have a heap of ideas to make it more bearable. Like mixing a shake with low joule jelly (cherry jelly with choc optifast make cherry ripe) It also fills you up a bit more than just the shake on its own.

Do you do it for three meals a day? or are you still allowed to have a meal some time in there?
I was told to do it 3 times a day Gail with 2 cups of " specified" veggies per day.

I have been very good, but I will take up your suggestion of the cherry jelly, in my past life (lol) I was very prone to Cherry Ripes!!

My Dietician suggested that I could have some tuna or a bit of steak if I was hungry, but I am seriously trying to stick to the Optifast diet.. if others can do it then I WILL do it also lol.

There are many voices of experience on this forum  which I would take heed of... me I am a novice lol.

x
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll
Aussie Doll

Female

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 7:58 am

Have you joined up with the optifast website? They have a heap of ideas to make it more bearable. Like mixing a shake with low joule jelly (cherry jelly with choc optifast make cherry ripe) It also fills you up a bit more than just the shake on its own.

Do you do it for three meals a day? or are you still allowed to have a meal some time in there?
Back to top Go down
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female

PostSubject: Accomodation costs lol.....   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 7:36 am

I havent met anyone that has been sleeved in Tassie Gail.... When I discussed the sleeving option with my GP he didnt know too much about it either, but he was great and gave me a referring letter straight away.

I was a bit anxious about accomodation costs and luckily some very dear friends offered me their apartment, otherwise I would have had to Air Bnb it I think.

You will more than likely have to see the Surgeon before you head back to Tassie so that will be after a week I think and I understand the precautions we have to take before flying back.

Having friends in Adelaide will be a blessing and nice to have some people around you post op also.

Probably a bit early to join but very excited 878453 @ Optifast lol, but I have been told I can also supplement with Tuna in brine or a bit of steak, so guess where my husband has gone off to now....  Probably a bit early to join but very excited 314562
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll
Aussie Doll

Female

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 7:28 am

Well done with the 7kg weight loss so far.
I tried optislim on it's own (without going into any kind of surgery), I was starving. How are you coping with it all? I think it's the only part I'm not looking forward to.   Probably a bit early to join but very excited 64827 

I had a look at surgeons here and they all seem to only do the band or I would think they weren't very experienced with the sleeve. I'll take my chances in Adelaide lol
I would have gone to Sydney like everyone else but I don't know anyone there and it would have cost me the earth for accommodation.

I'm really looking forward to hearing about how you go....
Back to top Go down
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female

PostSubject: I think.....   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 7:21 am

Just an edit Gail...

I think that Nina would know more about sleeving in Hobart. There appears to be a Surgeon there, but maybe worth a check out.

Just having a quick google.. http://www.hobartobesitysurgery.com.au/what-is-obesity/obesity-treatments/gastric-bypass-surgery/

Dr. Tony Patiniotis
Back to top Go down
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female

PostSubject: Hi Gail   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 7:11 am

There is no one that sleeves here in Tasmania , well not in the North anyway.  I was recommended by a girl friend to go to Sydney and I have been very impressed so far.
I had my initial consultation with my surgeon on the 29th and saw the nurse and dietician and  have been on the Optifast plan for a week today.
So far have lost nearly 7 kilos.
The Dietician called me today to discuss my progress and will call fortnightly until my admission date.
I was told that I would have to stay in Sydney for a fortnight and that flying back before that was not advisable, hence I am staying with friends.

There will be a Surgeon's appt a couple of times post op before departure.

Thats as much as I know at this stage Gail.

Heidi x

Probably a bit early to join but very excited 63412  Gail... you will get to see a bit of the lovely Adelaide as well lol
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll
Aussie Doll

Female

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 5:49 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
 kiss 

Heidi, Do they have anyone that does the surgery up North? or is that the reason you are going to Sydney?
How long will you be over there until you fly back?
I'm thinking of having a week in Adelaide at a friends house, after surgery. I'm wondering if that will be enough before having to fly home.
Back to top Go down
Heidihillier
Heidihillier

Female

PostSubject: Hello Gail   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 3:47 am

A fellow Tasmanian here and welcome to the Forum.

Lovely to see you taking the plunge also  and all good wishes from me also.

Maybe look out for Nina, I think she is down your neck of the woods... I am over in the North.... she is one of the inspirational ones.

I am off to Sydney next month for my sleeve.. its lovely for us to have a couple of weeks over east... finally I will get to see a few sights hopefully.

Keep us posted and very very good luck.

Heidi x
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyTue 13 May 2014, 1:45 am

Hi Gail! Lovely to have you here, and like everyone has said, it's never too early!!
Back to top Go down
Bumbles
Part of the furniture
Bumbles

Female
Number of posts : 794
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 11:13 pm

Never too early! I joined around the same time I took out my PHI!

Over half the time has gone already, soak up all the knowledge and info you can, I'm loving it!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll
Aussie Doll

Female

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 12:05 pm

Thanks ladies,

I have been stalking this site for months now lol....Thought, as I am actually doing something about getting the surgery, I might as well bite the bullet and join lol.

It's all very exciting
Back to top Go down
gingerchicken
Part of the furniture
gingerchicken

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2014-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 12:02 pm

Welcome Gail

You will find this forum invaluable! So much support and a wealth of knowledge that people are so willing to help and share. I have found everyone to be supportive, generous and kind hearted. 
I wish you the best in your journey!

Ginger
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 11:55 am

Hi Gail,

I don't think others consider it too early.  It is a great community to belong to and I think it really helps us get our heads in the right place.  There are many others on here waiting for their PHI to kick in.

I too am sleeveless, and for now, dateless (but am hoping for September) and I too am a bit obsessed with it all, lol.

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Doll
Aussie Doll

Female

PostSubject: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited EmptyMon 12 May 2014, 11:43 am

Hello everyone,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Gail, I am 31 and I am having a gastric sleeve next year. I haven't received my date yet but I am booked in with my surgeon on the 3rd July to book a date.
I wish I could get the surgery done sooner but I have the joys of waiting for my private health 12 month waiting period.

I live in Hobart but from what I can see, there are no surgeons that perform this procedure here...So I have decided to go to Adelaide and booked in with Dr Michael France.

Just like everyone else here I have struggled with my weight forever and I am sick of the yoyo dieting and emotional roller-coaster with weight loss/gain. 
I had a beautiful friend have her surgery done just after my wedding in March 2014 and her results are already amazing. She has started to live her life to the fullest and this is what I want for myself. All she can tell me is that she wishes she had done it sooner. She has become my inspiration and she has made me see that I have no more excuses.

I want to do so much with my life and I am going to get this done so I may do everything I have always wanted to do. 

I know I haven't even booked my date yet and I am probably commenting early in this forum but I am so excited that I couldn't wait. 
This has become quite an obsession for me and I enjoy reading everyone's stories and goals.

So I'm sure you will all see me around...I look forward to hearing from you all.

Probably a bit early to join but very excited 355206
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Probably a bit early to join but very excited   Probably a bit early to join but very excited Empty

Back to top Go down

Probably a bit early to join but very excited
Page 1 of 1