Changed Mind
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Graceful

Female
Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2014-02-15

Eating at 4 months out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptyWed 21 May 2014, 11:12 am

I'm 4mths out. I range between 800-1000 calories. My dietician said I should be looking at a 1200 calorie intake with most from protein.
Back to top Go down
Tonibubble

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2013-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptyTue 20 May 2014, 10:17 pm

I write down everything I eat & drink & stick to 800 cals a day.
Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2014-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptyTue 20 May 2014, 1:26 am

Can anyone tell me how many calories/protein should I be consuming at just over 4 mths ( I average between 600-800) - I don't really have a dietician I can contact
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 7:21 am

Oh Lord. I am so sorry. Cancel everything I said to help you go then!!!
Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 6:56 am

I think i probably should have explained, my issue is not needing things to help me go - i need things to help me firm things up.....hoping it will right it self soon.

The only thing that i add to water is codial, it helps it go down easier.
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 5:59 am

I was so bloody minded in the beginning about protein, I completely forgot about fibre (as my new friend, Barry the bum grape will attest to!). So my dietician got me to change to weet bix, or anything fibre-y for breakfast with some of those bran toppers. Also, pear juice is marvellous for getting things moving, and a big thanks to LMC for that tip! I also have a couple of little bits of licorice every couple of days. And every week that goes by, I'm more relaxed about what I eat, and don't freak out so much.

I don't know if it's just an aversion on my part, but I don't like adding anything powdery to water, I can always taste it, no matter what!!
Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 5:24 am

Hi Lizzy,
I still regret my decision more often than not but realize there is nothing I can do about it so just need to adapt and live with it.  I am not really following the rules and really don't care if I stay the same weight or put some back on - currently lost 30kgs.  I hope one day I can eat more and feel 'normal'.  

I don't really have the back up from my surgeon or a dietician so most days just think of protein first.  However saying that I don't like the shakes anymore or yoghurt for that matter so not sure what else to have to up the protein. Happy for some suggestions on the fibre side though, still have issues on the toilet side of things - I know TMI! 

Thank you for the concern - much appreciated
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 4:36 am

Changed Mind wrote:
I know we are all different but can anyone tell me what kind of amounts they eat.  Yesterday I had the following and just wondering should I be having more or less:

B - 1 weetbix mixed with water and milk
Ms - small packet of rice crackers
L - 1/2 of a small seafood salad
D - 1 lamb cutlet, 3 pcs zucchini, 3 pcs mushroom and 1 tablespoon of mashed potato (didn't finish all the potato)

Yesterday I had..

B - One of those ready made, just add hot water porridge tubs.
Ms - Small banana
L - Woolies beef and vegetable soup 
As - 500 ml Dare low fat iced coffee
D - One small slice of meatloaf with BBQ sauce, one small broccoli floret and about a teaspoon of peas.

Usual drinks through the day, about 2 litres of water, half plain water, the other half.. what can I say, I'm a tea junkie. Got me to 63 grams of protein, so I was happy with that, and My Fitness Pal worked it out to 1049 calories. Most of that was the meatloaf of course.

What you had doesn't look too bad for four months! I think around that stage, my dietician was getting me to up the protein and fibre, how are you going along with that? And are you feeling better about all this now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 4:11 am

Sounds about perfect to me. I can't quite eat that much yet but I'm sure I'll get there. That diet sounds nutritious and well rounded. Just reminded me to eat...haven't had breakfast yet at 13.10hrs. Oops.
Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptyFri 09 May 2014, 3:39 am

I know we are all different but can anyone tell me what kind of amounts they eat.  Yesterday I had the following and just wondering should I be having more or less:

B - 1 weetbix mixed with water and milk
Ms - small packet of rice crackers
L - 1/2 of a small seafood salad
D - 1 lamb cutlet, 3 pcs zucchini, 3 pcs mushroom and 1 tablespoon of mashed potato (didn't finish all the potato)
Back to top Go down
innerninja
innerninja

Female
Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2013-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptySun 04 May 2014, 10:19 am

I have just got back for holidays- given all my travel pals (not family) know of my op and I was just short of 5 months when we left. Granted every week, hell every day makes a difference at this stage. I am pretty much eating most things and steered away from the things I know I haven't yet tried or know upset my tum. I had omelettes or scrambled eggs for breakfast every day and learnt quickly not to order wraps as they were usually drowned in mayo. I tended to order sea food, salads, sandwiches and burgers. I regularly ordered staters and had it served with the others mains.  Bread is something I struggle with but I would just eat the fillings and avoid the mayo and I did well. My biggest problem was the not eating and drinking at the same time (My friends don't understand all things related to the sleeve).I got over that at breakfast my lying! I would say I had coffee/juice before coming down, that was true sometimes but not always. other meals were more difficult, some time I would order a drink, have a couple of sips and pray the meal was at least 15minutes away, and if by chance it came early (which I think only happened once) I would just chat and watch the clock. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Even when I finished eating I would keep the fork in my hand and place minuscule amounts of food in my mouth as to look social.  Hubby was only too happy to clear any fries or such that accompanied my meals. Most of all don't panic and just relax, I am positive others will only notice or even care what you are having for your meals if you become all stressed out. enjoy your holiday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptySun 04 May 2014, 7:53 am

Oh hell. I'll come clean. I just ate a deep fried potato scallop. Salty and crispy and smelled absolutely bloody fantastic. Tasted like fatty crap! First real rubbish take away junk since the op. I won't be eating that kind of thing again. Yuk! Yes, my dear old Dad got it for me for my Sunday treat!

Might not have tasted how I remembered but it didn't play up in my stomach. In fact it's probably a bit of a slider food.

Did anyone else catch the Gordon Ramsay recipe for beer bread? I bet it tastes pretty good.
Back to top Go down
gingerchicken
Part of the furniture
gingerchicken

Female
Number of posts : 432
Registration date : 2014-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptySun 04 May 2014, 7:37 am

Great minds think a like hey :)
I wrote a post this morn about what's happening at 4 months too. Would love to know what's happening with everyone at this stage

Ginger :)
Back to top Go down
veronica simcoe
Part of the furniture
veronica simcoe

Female
Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptySun 04 May 2014, 5:53 am

I can eat 1 egg, about 1/4 cup of any food really, I eat lamb, steak, fish, seafood, salads, vegies, toast, yoghurts, wraps just very small amounts
Back to top Go down
Changed Mind

Female

PostSubject: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out EmptySun 04 May 2014, 5:46 am

I am coming upto my 4 month post op and as always am interested to see what other people are eating and of course the amount they can get in.

Any feedback as always greatly appreciated

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating at 4 months out   Eating at 4 months out Empty

Back to top Go down

Eating at 4 months out
Page 1 of 1