6 posters
AuthorMessage
bringingbackme
bringingbackme

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2014-04-10

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Brisbane!   New from Brisbane! EmptyWed 23 Apr 2014, 1:32 am

Hi All!

Had my first appointment today. Feeling pretty good about it all, obviously the risks are there, and spent a bit of time talking through some of the worst case scenarios. His nurse, and receptionist were really nice, and very informative. 

They are more than happy to go straight to the sleeve, which is good, but spoke through all three options - band, sleeve, by-pass. I am still leaning towards the sleeve. 

Next appointment is on the 12th May with Dr Bowden, appointments with Dietitian, and continue with physiologist between now and then. Should be around 2 weeks post appointment with Dr Bowden for surgery - so around end of May. Getting excited, will start Optifast early, so have started it already then when I see him on the 12th, which will help with some early weight loss, and getting that liver nice :-)
Back to top Go down
bringingbackme
bringingbackme

Female

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Brisbane!   New from Brisbane! EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014, 3:23 am

WondaWendy wrote:
Here it is, I think...

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t7494-help-needed-to-find-dr-in-brisbane

Hey, I just read it too and I had exactly the same experience with (I'm guessing the same) nurse/wife and felt put off too, despite the doctor's good reputation.

Thanks for that. I have my appointment with Dr Bowden (I think it's firstly with his nurse) next week, so will see what he says re going straight to the sleeve. So far his office has been great to deal with - promptly sending me information after my first call, with the forms I need to complete etc. 

I know of someone who had the band with him, who were really happy with his manner, their surgery etc. The psychologist I am seeing does work with him to, and says he is very good. So hopefully that's a good sign too.
Back to top Go down
WondaWendy
Top Poster
Top Poster
WondaWendy

Female
Number of posts : 1258
Registration date : 2014-04-08

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Brisbane!   New from Brisbane! EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014, 7:51 am

Here it is, I think...

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t7494-help-needed-to-find-dr-in-brisbane

Hey, I just read it too and I had exactly the same experience with (I'm guessing the same) nurse/wife and felt put off too, despite the doctor's good reputation.
Back to top Go down
ResearchingHard

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-04-13

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Hi New From Brisbane   New from Brisbane! EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014, 7:44 am

Sorry you need to pop that into google. Its about 5 subjects down and actually takes you back to this site. I can't find it through this site.
Back to top Go down
ResearchingHard

Female

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Hi New From Brisbane   New from Brisbane! EmptyTue 15 Apr 2014, 7:43 am

Sorry you need to pop that into google. Its about 5 subjects down and actually takes you back to this site. I can't find it through this site.
Back to top Go down
bringingbackme
bringingbackme

Female

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Brisbane!   New from Brisbane! EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 2:43 am

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome!  New from Brisbane! 618285
Back to top Go down
bringingbackme
bringingbackme

Female

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Brisbane!   New from Brisbane! EmptyMon 14 Apr 2014, 2:42 am

ResearchingHard wrote:
Help needed to find Dr in Brisbane!

THis thread has the info we are both looking for...

Thanks ResearchingHard, for some reason, I can't find that when I search the forum, and it's not a appearing as a link in your post? (I might be doing something wrong though)..

I have my first psychologist appointment this afternoon with one of the psychologists on Dr Bowden's list. I am a bit nervous, but know that I need to better understand myself before I start this journey, and have a good support structure around me. 

My appt is next week with Dr Bowden - so will let you know how that and the psychologist goes.
Back to top Go down
ResearchingHard

Female

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Dr Bowden   New from Brisbane! EmptySun 13 Apr 2014, 8:01 am

Help needed to find Dr in Brisbane!

THis thread has the info we are both looking for...
Back to top Go down
ResearchingHard

Female

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Dr Bowden   New from Brisbane! EmptySun 13 Apr 2014, 7:35 am

Hi Bringingbackme,
I also have an appointment with Dr Bowden in a couple of weeks. I have the same experience as you so am also looking for feedback.
I like the fact that you have to see the Nutritionist and Psy before you see him so thats a positive. Am currently looking about for any other forums with info…. will keep you posted
Back to top Go down
Heidi
Part of the furniture
Heidi

Female
Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2010-10-29

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Brisbane!   New from Brisbane! EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014, 10:48 pm

Hi there,

Welcome and all the best for the journey ahead of you.  I'm on the other end now after losing 60+ kg so i'm sure the sleeve will help you all towards your goals.

I look forward to following your success xx
Back to top Go down
Ottopia
Part of the furniture
Ottopia

Female
Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2014-01-27

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Brisbane!   New from Brisbane! EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014, 10:13 pm

Hey Bringingback me
Hello and welcome.
Like you I too am looking at shedding a whole lot of weight. about 76 kilos for me and I am at 19 down at present. Even at 19 kilos gone the life gains have been amazing.
It is hard work and my hard work is now really ramping up as I have been given clearance to start exercising more.
Good luck on your journey- you can do it.
regards
Llyr
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Brisbane!   New from Brisbane! EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014, 10:03 pm

Can't help with the surgeon I'm afraid, but I wanted to say hi..

Hi!!!

I'm looking at losing around the same amount of weight as you are. It seems like such a daunting task doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
bringingbackme
bringingbackme

Female

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: New from Brisbane!   New from Brisbane! EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014, 2:30 am

Hi All, 

Thought I would come introduce myself. I am new to the site, from Brisbane. 

I have my first appointment with Dr Blair Bowden in two weeks. Like most, I am excited and nervous about the prospect of surgery. I have a long history of being overweight. I had my first child 3yrs ago, whilst pregnant I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism (not yet stable), and recently diagnosed with polycystic ovaries which both have lead to significant weight gain, so now have 87kg to loose (OMG!!!!). 

Interested in any feedback on Dr Bowden (I have done a search on this site, but there doesn't seem to be a lot) - so feel free to PM me if you have had experience with him. Look forward to "meeting" others, exploring this forum and understanding what life with a sleeve will be. 

Thanks all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New from Brisbane! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Brisbane!   New from Brisbane! Empty

Back to top Go down

New from Brisbane!
Page 1 of 1