AuthorMessage
DayleD
Part of the furniture
DayleD

Female
Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2014-04-12

How long did you have to Optifast before surgery Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long did you have to Optifast before surgery   How long did you have to Optifast before surgery EmptySun 25 May 2014, 2:28 am

I know it's been a while since this thread but thought I'd post anyway.  I saw the surgeon last week and he said 2 weeks optifast.  I'm 141kg with BMI 55 and fatty liver, from everything I've read on here, people around my size etc. seem to have more time with the pre op Optifast.  Maybe I should double check the timeframe....it just seems a bit weird.
Back to top Go down
muchlygirl
Part of the furniture
muchlygirl

Female
Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2014-01-06

PostSubject: Re: How long did you have to Optifast before surgery   How long did you have to Optifast before surgery EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 11:37 pm

Thanks Lizzy looking Forward to my mind being blown!!! getting very excited.

Thanks Lin, due to my size I am on 3 opti plus a protein serve.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: How long did you have to Optifast before surgery   How long did you have to Optifast before surgery EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 4:57 am

1 month but could have 2 optis, 1 protein meal, and a piece of fruit and veggies.
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: How long did you have to Optifast before surgery   How long did you have to Optifast before surgery EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 3:19 am

No worries Ruth!

Geoff certainly has a way about him that makes you feel very comfy, and so does his team! I adore every single one of them!

And you honestly won't know yourself when you are on this side of the sleeve. It will blow your mind!
Back to top Go down
muchlygirl
Part of the furniture
muchlygirl

Female

PostSubject: Re: How long did you have to Optifast before surgery   How long did you have to Optifast before surgery EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 2:55 am

Hi Lizzy

Thanks for that. I only found this forum a few days ago and already it has helped me.

Your success so far is awesome and your posts are helping me feel like it is really true this time, I can lose weight forever.
My other health conditions will improve from this journey and my quality of life will improve.

I have only met Geoffrey once so far but for the first time in a very long time there was a Dr who saw me as a person not just a fatty.

Look forward to more chats

Ruth
Back to top Go down
Lizzy.
Lizzy.

Female
Number of posts : 1477
Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: How long did you have to Optifast before surgery   How long did you have to Optifast before surgery EmptySat 11 Jan 2014, 2:45 am

Hi Ruth!! Not too sure exactly how Geoff works it out, he gave me 6 weeks on it. My starting weight was 155 kg.
Back to top Go down
muchlygirl
Part of the furniture
muchlygirl

Female

PostSubject: How long did you have to Optifast before surgery   How long did you have to Optifast before surgery EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014, 11:56 pm

Hi Everyone

I start my Optifast preop diet on 14th Jan and my surgery is booked for 14th March.

2 months!!!!! How long did you have to Optifast before surgery 878453 

Reading  a lot of posts where the Optifast was only for 2 weeks.

Wondering if the 2 months is normal for my Dr (Geoffrey Draper) or is it due to my size 162kgs  BMI 57

I know they want me to get 10kgs off in this 2 months and I am not concerned as I have done optifast for an extended time before. Just curious.

Ruth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long did you have to Optifast before surgery   How long did you have to Optifast before surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

How long did you have to Optifast before surgery
Page 1 of 1