4 posters
AuthorMessage
hopeful22912
hopeful22912

Female
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-06-07

5 Years Post-Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Years Post-Op   5 Years Post-Op EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013, 10:26 pm

Hi Lou 
Thanks for the update, it is great to hear you are doing so well five yeas on. Your post will help those yet to be sleeved make their decision.

Congrats on your grandson it's fantastic you are fit enough to enjoy your time with him.

Nita
Back to top Go down
jagxclusive
Part of the furniture
jagxclusive

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2013-05-22

5 Years Post-Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Years Post-Op   5 Years Post-Op EmptyFri 20 Sep 2013, 3:27 pm

Really good to hear your story so long after the operation. Most seem to have a lot of success early on but we don't get to hear about the long term, so I appreciate you letting us know. I look forward to enjoying a long slimmer life too one day!
Back to top Go down
julou73
julou73

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-08-24

5 Years Post-Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Years Post-Op   5 Years Post-Op EmptyWed 18 Sep 2013, 7:12 am

Thanks so much for posting :)
It's nice to hear from someone a lot further down the track. Congratulations on your fabulous new healthy lifestyle and on becoming a Grandparent :)
I have been going backwards and forwards on my decision to be sleeved in November wondering if it s the right thing to do or not but now I am actually starting to really look forward to just getting it done and starting on my way.
Thanks again and I wish you continuing health and happiness :)
Back to top Go down
KahunaLou
KahunaLou

Male
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-07-24

5 Years Post-Op Empty
PostSubject: 5 Years Post-Op   5 Years Post-Op EmptyTue 17 Sep 2013, 11:16 pm

Hi All:

It's been about two years since I last posted and over five years since my sleeve.

My maximum weight at the start was 319 lbs. and my minimum weight was 220 lbs. two years out. The weight then started coming back up to 240 lbs. at three years out and has stabilized at that point ever since (+/- 5 lbs.). My surgeon said that this was normal at the time of the follow-up visits (additional 20-25 lbs. after minimum). My original goal was 200 lbs., but in hind sight, that may have been a bit aggressive, but with effort, I could probably do it, but at the same time, it might be that weight that "yo-yos".

There have been those occasional times that I've eaten wrong things, but thank goodness, my wife who had a gastric bypass 6 months after me, has adapted our meals ever since and we've changed our life style; and my surgeon and primary care physician said "as long as it's occasionally, it's ok but like anything - moderation, moderation, moderation."

We still try to walk two to three times per week and when we go camping (actually RVing), we bring our bicycles or walk. I am not part of any gym nor organized exercise regimen. We're simply using common sense.

Since my last post, we've become grandparents, and that has become even more incentive to maintain our health and when our grandson is over (he's fourteen months old and now walking, or should I say running), he keeps us very active, which is great! My dream of getting down on the floor and playing with him without getting tired easily (or just the action of getting down and up!) is great!

So, for those who are still at the start, or considering the start, the journey is worth it, and please, don't be discouraged, and especially, don't cheat!

Warmest regards,
Lou
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5 Years Post-Op Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5 Years Post-Op   5 Years Post-Op Empty

Back to top Go down

5 Years Post-Op
Page 1 of 1