Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tones75

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-09-04

Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice    Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice  EmptyThu 05 Sep 2013, 6:30 am

Thanks everyone.  I'm feeling a little better today.  I've read through some of your experiences and can relate... I've been wondering what the hell I've done to myself since I came out of surgery.  Having said that I'm keeping my eye on the prize, health and fitness.  I've lost 10.4kg in 2.5 weeks and can already see a difference in my face and so can my hubby and BF.  So glad I found this forum xx
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice    Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice  EmptyThu 05 Sep 2013, 12:23 am

Sounds normal.. But maybe try sipping from a teaspoon if it's soup or the like, and try not to drink from a straw when drinking fluids.

Make sure they're teeny tiny sips too :)

The pain should ease up soon.. Just do it slowwwwwly.
Back to top Go down
Bailey1275

Female
Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice    Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice  EmptyThu 05 Sep 2013, 12:03 am

I found even the tiniest sip was painful but it did get better over time. It was probably the end of twonweeks before it wasn't as difficult to swallow. Give yourself 2 or 3 weeks before the tired achy feeling starts to go away - just take thing easy and listen to your body.

After my surgery I went to the beach for a holiday and spent a lot of time on the sofa looking out over the beach or napping with a couple of strolls along the broadwalk.
Back to top Go down
enough is enough
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2012-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice    Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice  EmptyWed 04 Sep 2013, 1:05 pm

yes normal. 

I found I had to count sips (and they must be sips)

4 sips the 5th one hurt. 

Gradually it improves and more sips were allowed.

the pain for me was a sign I was full and needed a break
Back to top Go down
Tones75

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice    Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice  EmptyWed 04 Sep 2013, 12:57 pm

I was sleeved on Monday and have found today (Wednesday) fluids hurt in the chest area going down and is usually followed by a swift burp.  Feeling achy and tired too.  I would be grateful if you've experienced this and if its normal.  Thanks xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice    Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice  Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeved on Monday, grateful for any advice
Page 1 of 1