AuthorMessage
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female
Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012   Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2012, 8:52 am

Thanks Trish. I have a Dr's appt on Monday so will ask for the Nexium as prescription only. Got some mylanta fluid (tastes gross!) and somac tablets. Has calmed it down but my throat/chest area inside is still a bit sore from the vomiting. Clearly I need to learn things the hard way!!

Had a big sleep today and finally having some soup. Not hungry as such but I have got a wicked headache so will have the soup and some water before I take some painkillers.
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012   Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012 EmptyThu 02 Aug 2012, 11:47 pm

Garfeild go get some of the pink gaviscon tabs and carry them with you... you can chew them up and they are instantanious. Are you on Nexium because they dissolve in water.

two weeks for each stage.... scrambled eggs are notoriously difficult in the first stages so try something else it will prob be fine but after this issue I would go back to solids for a few days to let it heal again.

I ate normal foods that I put the hand wand blender through...
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012   Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012 EmptyThu 02 Aug 2012, 4:23 pm

So I was incredibly stupid today as I had to catch a plane, so limited food options and I was hungry. I thought the omelet would be moist enough if I took tiny bites and chewed very thoroughly, taking my sweet time. I ate barely a forkfill and that dreaded feeling came in my chest.

My stupid idea came from as I figured it's been almost 2wks, I was able to eat scrambled eggs 2wks after banding so why not after sleeving?

The pain was so intense (lucky I had the two seats to myself) as I ended up racing to the toilet four times to finally get it all up. Then to make matters worse, I had some OJ. Bad bad bad combination. Now I am suffering badly with reflux and as I couldn't bring my liquid reflux meds with me, I have to wait until tomorrow to visit the chemist. Hoping to find a liquid form that is instantaneous. Been taking degas which helps a little, but it's not the solution for reflux, only gas build up.

No more OJ ever again for me and back onto my strict soup & vege/fruit juice diet.

So now I have learned my lesson the hard way, I am wondering a couple of things:

1. How long were you on the fluid diet before you progressed to mushies. I thought it was two weeks, but now I wondering if I should extend to 3wks.
2. Some mushie receipe ideas that are simple to make as I am no cook and don't want to living off KFC mash & gravy
3. Best liquid form anti-reflux. I can take tablets as long as there is a covering on it or I just end up gagging it up (have always done this since I was a child)
4. Anyone that travels a lot, a good solution for the reflux when you don't have access to your reflux meds.

So sleeping upright tonight for me! Hopefully tomorrow is a better day!!

Sweet dreams :-)
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012   Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012 EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 3:55 pm

Thanks girls :-)

I am feeling better and better every day. Have to remind myself to slow down, but about 3pm I usually have to crash for an hr, either a little sleep or a lie down. Then I am up again with energy.

Loving the sleeve already. That horrible feeling of hunger is gone (hope it never returns!!) and I love the fact I can swallow without choking on that hideous band!!

Have had two massages since, one just leaning over because I couldn't lie on my tummy, then a few days later I could as long as I had a pillow which I think has really helped my recovery and getting that pesty gas out.
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012   Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012 EmptyWed 01 Aug 2012, 1:21 pm

Glad you recovering well Garfield, dont worry you will be off liquids before you know it! Welcome to the "Sleeved" side :)!!
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012   Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012 EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 1:00 pm

Congrats hon... your doing really really well.
Back to top Go down
Garfield99
Part of the furniture
Garfield99

Female

PostSubject: Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012   Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012 EmptyTue 31 Jul 2012, 12:57 pm

All sleeved up now. First 48hrs was the worst, then on the third day I stopped throwing up and said no to the painkillers, I didn't need them anymore. Just had a wicked headache from lying in that hospital bed. Day 4 I was bouncing around wanting out of the hospital :-)

Been walking heaps from day 3 which I think made a huge difference in getting that gas out quickly as well as taking degas. Now happily wandering around feeling quite normal apart from some big scars on my stomach.

Dr happy with my progress and showed me the graphic pics of the surgery with the stapling and the rest of the stomach he had cut out (eewgh!).

Sick of the fluid diet, but no way I could actually eat anything. Still sipping away and if I drink too much I burp. Looking forward to next week where I will be able to try something with a little bit of thickening up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012   Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeved on Monday 23 July 2012
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: