Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandygee
Part of the furniture
sandygee

Female
Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2013-01-26

What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage?   What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage? EmptyThu 18 Jul 2013, 9:48 am

I pureed anything I could think of. Slow cooker casseroles with all the vegies pureed really well, so did corned silverside with onion sauce (strange pink colour but tasted great). I ate very lightly poached egg mashed up with a fork and it was fine but scrambled egg was a disaster. I tried pureed baked beans but wasn't a fan of them. Someone suggested pureeing refried mexican beans and putting a dollop of avocado and sour cream on top. Don't go overboard with the preparation because you can only eat tiny amounts. I still have bags of little portions in the freezer......lucky my grand daughter likes them.
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage?   What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage? EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 1:18 pm

Yes soups are good I had made some purees pre op and froze them most are still in the freezer.  What I did discover is the fresh soups at Woolies they are only 300mls so just 2 to 3 meals and in many flavours so boredom wasn't a problem.  They puree well and if you feel they don't have enough protein you can add neutral protein powder by Natures Way also available at Woolies. Some people also ate poached eggs but wait a week or so as some reported they sat a little heavy.  Baked beans pureed is good add some avocado sort of like mexican.
Back to top Go down
Kay9959
Kay9959

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-06-23

PostSubject: What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage?   What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage? EmptyTue 16 Jul 2013, 1:01 pm

Hi fellow sleevers, What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage?

I still have a week to go on liquids, but need to think about what to have during the next stage.  i don't want to be having custards,yogurts etc all the time.  i have never really been a sweet tooth.
i had thought about pureed soups.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage?   What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage? Empty

Back to top Go down

What have others had for the Mushy or Puree stage?
Page 1 of 1