3 posters
AuthorMessage
swift788
swift788

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-04-14

16th October! Bring it on!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 16th October! Bring it on!!   16th October! Bring it on!! EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 1:20 pm

Thanks for the info about the food, I guess each persons body is different and will respond to food differently and I guess a hernia would affect things a little lol. 

Yes, getstuck is doing an awesome job! Both of you have and I am so excited to soon be one of the people losing weight not struggling with it lol, I just wish my date was closer, but it will be here before I know it and will give me time to sort my stuff out :) 

Thanks for your help and info ladies, appreciate it :)
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: 16th October! Bring it on!!   16th October! Bring it on!! EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 10:48 am

The only thing that didn't sit well at first was citrus juice but I am OK now. Of the foods I have eaten most have gone down alright but I did make the comment today to others I think I have rushed some of the more solid things as even though I have got them down they haven't sat well.

My Dr said that as I had a hernia repaired at the same time my stomach closes faster then others and it may take me longer with hard foods like steak or baked potato.  I find stewed or slow cooked meals are really good.  So is any liquid things like yougurt icecream etc.  Others have said some things don't taste the same to them but I haven't had that everything is the same taste for me.

Don't get yourself in a pickle over things that might happen chances are they won't getstuck below was done a couple of days after me and she is a great example she is losing her weight so well she is inspired for her wedding so you will have that to prop you up at any of the harder times.
Back to top Go down
getstuck
Part of the furniture
getstuck

Female
Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-03-12

PostSubject: Re: 16th October! Bring it on!!   16th October! Bring it on!! EmptyMon 15 Jul 2013, 3:03 am

you are making a great decision, and bloody people annoy me by saying oh exercise blah blah, im lucky enough that no one has said that to me and I even had ppl saying you don't even eat much but I tell you if my sister had of been like yours she would have been told to but the hell out of my life lol.

so great to hear the your partner is supportive and may think about the sleeve to as when he sees how easy it is for you im sure he will have it done as well and omg will you save some $$ on food haha.

im 27 and am getting married in sept next year so I also don't want back fat and being the FAT bride, so I am just so happy to see the weight coming off, I have all faith that the sleeve will work for you ad it is just so easy to loose weight now.

happy you, happy partner = happy life xx
Back to top Go down
swift788
swift788

Female

PostSubject: Re: 16th October! Bring it on!!   16th October! Bring it on!! EmptySun 14 Jul 2013, 9:45 pm

Thanks bluebags :) I am nervous about the diet after the surgery, especially after I had my dietician app 2 weeks ago but it's a massive change I am more than ready to make lol. 

Are there any foods you used to eat that you can't anymore?
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: 16th October! Bring it on!!   16th October! Bring it on!! EmptySun 14 Jul 2013, 2:29 pm

Sounds like the 2 of you will be good support for each other his reason seems imperative with a family history like that the sooner the better.  Your sister is probably worried when people don't know much about the op they fear the worse.  It is a pity we can't stick to diets but as you have obviously already discovered that is easier said then done I am 2 mths post op and I am still finding it challenging to think of the diet that you follow with the sleeve.  Make no mistake this does mean a diet for the rest of your life but with assistance from the tiny tummy that is the sleeve.  It of course doesn't stop you from having anything you really want but it does mean a small limit so the weight is kept to a minimum.

I have still not tried all the foods I used to eat it may take me some time to do that and I try very hard not to bring much junk into the house for everyone else.  I do all shopping I think that is key to success keep temptation at bay.

With 7mths to lose your weight you will be a slim bride and will be able to choose any design for your dress and your partner will wear his suit to perfection you will make a stunning pair.
Back to top Go down
swift788
swift788

Female

PostSubject: 16th October! Bring it on!!   16th October! Bring it on!! EmptySun 14 Jul 2013, 12:27 pm

Booked in for my surgery on the 16th October with Dr Martin. I am excited, but nervous at the same time! Surgery is something that I have thought about for a very long time and after trying every diet and duromine, the weight simply just does not want to stay off :(

I have been overweight for as long as I can remember and have always been teased or bullied about it and have always been the 'fat' one of the family. My sister has always seemed to maintain a fairly slim build and any weight she has ever put on has been shed fairly easily. My sister is very apprehensive about me having surgery, she poses the question of 'why aren't diets working? You should exercise more!' but for a lot of us on here it isn't quite that simple. I know she is really just worried because she knows this is a permanent thing and is irreversible but I am ready to take the next step in my life to work towards a healthier, happier me.

I am 25 years old, and whilst that is still young, I will be looking to have children in the near future (next 5 years) and I don't want to have the burden of being 112kgs holding me back from falling pregnant and having a safe and healthy pregnancy or to hinder me in actually falling pregnant! I am also getting married in May next year and I have a total fear of being the 'fat' bride whose dress is too tight and her back fat hangs over the top LOL. I want to feel beautiful and confident on what will be one of the best days of my life and I want to feel like that for the rest of my life. I have never felt either of those things and its my turn to do something for myself! My partner is also looking to have surgery himself, he is a bigger boy and has a history of heart problems in his family (his father died at age 45 from heart problems) and I don't want him walking down the same track and dying way too young, so he's been a great support and can at least know how I am feeling and it will be great to know we can do it together, to work towards a permanent healthy lifestyle that we can lead for the rest of our lives.

sorry to write an essay, just excited!! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16th October! Bring it on!!   16th October! Bring it on!! Empty

Back to top Go down

16th October! Bring it on!!
Page 1 of 1