Jen85
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aprildawn

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-09-06

New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015, 9:53 am

I gave up for 11 years and started up again 9 years ago😒 I have cut down but the DR didn't ask me if quit when I saw him yesterday so I will stop the week before I go in.
Back to top Go down
Jen85
Jen85

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2015-08-16

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptyTue 22 Sep 2015, 9:43 am

Oh wow that's going to be really tough, I quit smoking a year and a half ago with champix. It was quite hard especially since my husband was a smoker too. I gained 10kgs after I finally quit and haven't been able to lose it. Didn't help that not smoking made me eat more. Luckily you won't have that problem after the sleeve. How long before the surgery do you need to quit?
Back to top Go down
Aprildawn

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015, 3:30 am

No not long now Jenny, I see the DR today and I think I start pre op diet around the 30th September but the hardest things for me is that I am a smoker and have to quit before the op sooooo hard
Back to top Go down
Jesse25
Jesse25

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-09-16

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015, 2:10 am

Hi well it's been a tough couple of weeks as I've had some huge doubts and sleepless nights after reading about other peoples complications. I have finally chosen to go ahead with this life changing surgery. I looked at how I've let my weight rule my life and decided to use this tool to take back my life and be positive in my outlook for the future.  New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  63412 Goodluck to all
Back to top Go down
Jen85
Jen85

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015, 1:30 am

Aprildawn wrote:
Hi Jenny, I also having my surgery on the 14 October

Hi Aprildawn, not long to go now, do you need to go on a pre op diet? Keep in touch and let us know how your journey is going.
Back to top Go down
Jen85
Jen85

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015, 1:25 am

Oceanbreeze wrote:
Hi Jenny, I don't have my first appt with my surgeon until 23/10 so am a bit behind u. I'm also completely new to this site. Happy to chat and keep in touch throughout the journey. :) take care, D

Hi D, I hope your appointment goes well, keep in touch and let us know if/when your booked in for your surgery.
Back to top Go down
Jen85
Jen85

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015, 1:22 am

Jesse25 wrote:
Hi I'm jo and also new to the site and have my op on the 14 th of October, I'm 47 and hoping this tool works for me as I've had the band in for 5 years and lost 30 kgs then had complications . Band is now out and doctor suggested gastric bypass though I've asked for the sleeve and he's agreed, lucky for me I hope.goodluck everyone

Hi Jo, welcome to the site, i haven't come across one person yet who the sleeve hasn't worked for and I'm sure it will work for you too. I had considered getting the band but my dr talked me out of it then he sat me down with a couple of his ex patients that where band to sleeve converts and they sealed the deal for the sleeve.  It's getting closer to the surgery date, only a few more weeks until what may be the hardest but best decision we've ever made. Keep in touch and let us know how you are going.
Back to top Go down
Jen85
Jen85

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptyMon 21 Sep 2015, 1:13 am

Bia wrote:
Hi Jenny,

I'm also having my surgery on the 16th, at the Greenslopes.
I am 8 years older than you, but also have PCOS and insulin resistance (diagnosed 6 years ago). The decision to have the surgery wasn't easy, but I now believe had to be done. I'm very positive, but a bit anxious because I have two young children and also because we don't have support... My mother-in-law will be here for a month (3 weeks after the surgery), but not sure it will be enough (she has her own limitations). Fingers crossed all go extremely well!

Hi Bia, I found it had to make the decision about surgery too, I've been umming and ahhing about it for about 2 years, now I just regret not making the decision sooner. My surgery is with Dr Braun at Redcliffe hospital. Do you need to do a pre op diet? I start mine on the 2nd which I'm dreading. There's a lot of people on this site who will provide support to you throughout your journey. You can count on me too if you need it 😊
Back to top Go down
Jesse25
Jesse25

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-09-16

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptyWed 16 Sep 2015, 1:57 am

Hi I'm jo and also new to the site and have my op on the 14 th of October, I'm 47 and hoping this tool works for me as I've had the band in for 5 years and lost 30 kgs then had complications . Band is now out and doctor suggested gastric bypass though I've asked for the sleeve and he's agreed, lucky for me I hope.goodluck everyone
Back to top Go down
Bia

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2015-08-14

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptyFri 11 Sep 2015, 1:52 pm

Hi Jenny,

I'm also having my surgery on the 16th, at the Greenslopes.
I am 8 years older than you, but also have PCOS and insulin resistance (diagnosed 6 years ago). The decision to have the surgery wasn't easy, but I now believe had to be done. I'm very positive, but a bit anxious because I have two young children and also because we don't have support... My mother-in-law will be here for a month (3 weeks after the surgery), but not sure it will be enough (she has her own limitations). Fingers crossed all go extremely well!
Back to top Go down
Aprildawn

Female

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptySun 06 Sep 2015, 5:00 am

Hi Jenny, I also having my surgery on the 14 October
Back to top Go down
Oceanbreeze

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2015-08-05

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptyThu 20 Aug 2015, 2:22 pm

Hi Jenny, I don't have my first appt with my surgeon until 23/10 so am a bit behind u. I'm also completely new to this site. Happy to chat and keep in touch throughout the journey. :) take care, D
Back to top Go down
chellg
chellg

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2015-04-08

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptySun 16 Aug 2015, 2:47 am

Hello

Welcome Jenny!

I'm having my surgery on 14 October so very close to your date.

We have a group on this forum for those being sleeved in October - go to the Monthly Sleevers topic and then October 2015 and introduce yourself . It's a great place to share experiences with those going through the same things and to find support!

Chell x
Back to top Go down
Jen85
Jen85

Female

PostSubject: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  EmptySun 16 Aug 2015, 1:39 am

Hi my name is Jenny and I'm 30 years old. I've struggled with my weight since I was diagnosed with pcos at 15 years of age. In the last couple of years it has gotten out of hand. I am currently the heaviest I've ever been which is both scary and disappointing. After many failed attempts of diet and exercise and months of Internet research I decided things really needed to change and I definitely needed to take my life back!  My surgery date is set for 16th October. If anyone has similar dates I am interested in having a support buddy who is going to be going through or has been through the same journey. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October    New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October  Empty

Back to top Go down

New to forum. My surgery is set for 16th October
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: I've got my sleeve date!-
Jump to: