Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lioness82

Female
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2013-06-14

tips for accessing superannuation Empty
PostSubject: Re: tips for accessing superannuation   tips for accessing superannuation EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 1:55 pm

Did they really suggest that? I only have a house with a 1yr old mortgage, and a car which I need for my 80min drive to work everyday.  Aside from that I have nothing but general furniture, clothes etc. they better not suggest that to me, I need to live in a house and be able to travel to work.  Anyway thanks for the info I will be sure to remember that when I apply
Back to top Go down
missdaisy

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: tips for accessing superannuation   tips for accessing superannuation EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 1:46 pm

Thank you. Yes, I plan on giving it another go and I will be very clear that I have nothing left over each fortnight and I am not selling my assets as they suggested. I have 43000 in assets which included my car, my husbands car, a horse trailer and a tractor.... !

I am so frustrated and luckily my Dr is not making a set date until this is all sorted.
Back to top Go down
Lioness82

Female

PostSubject: Re: tips for accessing superannuation   tips for accessing superannuation EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 1:42 pm

Hi missdaisy, from what I've read on here you can reapply, seems many people have reapplied and been more thorough with their expenses. I plan to also write a letter explaining my situation a bit better as the forms don't really allow for that. Give it another shot and put every expense down you can that both you and your husband pay combined. No doubt they will take his left over money into consideration, if he has to much left over they may suggest he gain finance for your surgery.

Good luck and let me know how you go, I still have a while to wait , don't have my initial consult until August 12
Back to top Go down
missdaisy

Female
Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-03-26

PostSubject: Re: tips for accessing superannuation   tips for accessing superannuation EmptyWed 03 Jul 2013, 1:32 pm

Gee, I wish I had read this before applying. Mine has just been declined... mostly because of my husbands income, which almost completely goes on our mortgage.

Can I reapply? I can then add the info into the comments which I didn't do before.

Feeling pretty devastated and quite emotional tonight. If I don't get this surgery I may not get to see my little girl grow up.
Back to top Go down
Lioness82

Female

PostSubject: Re: tips for accessing superannuation   tips for accessing superannuation EmptySat 29 Jun 2013, 11:22 pm

Thank you Kiley, I can definitely show how poor I am after expenses, was a bit worried that they may Take my reasonably high income as a reason for rejection but after reading through the threads here it seems your earnings don't really count, it's actually what you have left over, so feeling more hopeful, just need a surgeon now, tried for the one I really wanted but can't get an appt until mid August, I found another one I like the sound of so I'm hoping on Monday when I ring that he won't be booked up so far in advance. I actually have a better feeling about this dr than the other, after watching his videos he seems like a really genuinely nice person with a cracker resume
Back to top Go down
Kiley
Part of the furniture
Kiley

Female
Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: tips for accessing superannuation   tips for accessing superannuation EmptyFri 28 Jun 2013, 3:04 am

Hi, my only tip is have nothing left! Do a seperate sheet for your budget and add anything you can think of, birthday gifts, christmas costs, vet bills anything! I managed to get mine into the negative... Or maybe if you have a lot of debt write a letter as well saying credit rating poor?
Back to top Go down
Lioness82

Female

PostSubject: tips for accessing superannuation   tips for accessing superannuation EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 3:53 am

Hi all, 

I'm very new to this site, and i'm in the initial stages of organising for a gastric sleeve.  I really want to try to access my super to pay for this as i can't afford another loan and I don't want to wait until i can save the cash to get this done.

My questions are:

to anyone who has successfully accessed their super, roughly how much spending money did you have left over after expenses each fortnight?

my partner is also getting it done, we are not married, is it best to list ourselves as defacto or single?  we dont have much left after expenses but mostly everything is in my name as most of my debts occured before we met.  

does anyone have any general tips before i go ahead with my application?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tips for accessing superannuation   tips for accessing superannuation Empty

Back to top Go down

tips for accessing superannuation
Page 1 of 1