Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NuffSaid

Male
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-05-09

Budget - Must Read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget - Must Read   Budget - Must Read EmptyMon 20 May 2013, 1:58 am

typical isnt it? of any government

they cry out that our population is obese amongst other things, yet they shaft us everytime we bend over

and as a fat guy i find it pretty hard to bend over so i would prefer they didnt shaft me but give me a hand

to stand up and have pride in myself again.

could go on for months on the governemnt but really all i want is

for things to work as they are suppose to...
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Budget - Must Read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget - Must Read   Budget - Must Read EmptySun 19 May 2013, 7:47 am

I see dr moore soon for another appt so will discuss what I need and timeframes so I can get organised. My stress levels which are high at the mo have just gone through the roof lol
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

Budget - Must Read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget - Must Read   Budget - Must Read EmptySun 19 May 2013, 7:45 am

that would be right. Looks like I'll be getting all my plastics down in the next yr. I am a pensioner so don't get to claim medical offset. I think I will be contacting my local federal politcian. Interesting as Medicare do not give alot of money back anyway. Think I will be contacting my health fund to find out hoow this will effect it.

bloody ahole govts. Does the budget have a means test for it?
Back to top Go down
Smurfette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Smurfette

Female
Number of posts : 1272
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Budget - Must Read Empty
PostSubject: Budget - Must Read   Budget - Must Read EmptySun 19 May 2013, 4:22 am

There may be a better spot for this though feel free to transfer;

In regard to the proposed budget; if one takes time to read the new changes proposed phasing out of the Medical Expense Tax Offset; one should review as this will effect all claims for Plastic Surgery as well as any Gastric Surgerys and All Medical expenses.

In other words; I think by the proposed as below; if you do not claim the Medical Expenses tax offset in 2013; (to June 30th this year; not far away) you will not be able to claim ever again if it is passed.

I am looking at plastic surgery in the future; I am going to make sure I get enough medical expenses to claim this year, just in case. Can be worth a lot of tax dollars if you become ineligible.

"[859] Phase-out of medical expense tax offset
The Government is to phase out the net medical expenses tax offset, with transitional arrangements for those currently claiming the offset. However, the offset will continue to be available for taxpayers for out-of-pocket medical expenses relating to disability aids, attendant care or aged care until 1 July 2019.

From 1 July 2013, those taxpayers who claimed the offset in 2012-13 will continue to be eligible for 2013-14 if they have eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses above the relevant thresholds. In addition, those who claim the offset in 2013-14 will be eligible to claim it in 2014-15.

Thomson Reuters comment

Treasury officials advised Thomson Reuters on Budget night that there will be a 2-step phase out of the medical
expense tax offset.

Taxpayers who claimed the offset in 2012-13 will be able to claim it in 2013-14 (for all currently-qualifying expenses that meet the requisite threshold). Similarly, taxpayers who claim the offset in 2013-14 will be able to claim it in 2014-15 (again, for all qualifying expenses). However, an offset can only be claimed by such taxpayers from 2015-16 for medical expenses relating to disability aids, attendant care or aged care.

Consequently, taxpayers who do not claim the offset in 2012-13 cannot claim it in 2013-14 or later income years – except if the net medical expenses relate to disability aids, attendant care or aged care. As stated above, the offset for these expenses may only be claimed until 2018-19.

Source: Budget Paper No 2 [p 30]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Budget - Must Read Empty
PostSubject: Re: Budget - Must Read   Budget - Must Read Empty

Back to top Go down

Budget - Must Read
Page 1 of 1