Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Blondie89

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-03-01

Medical Travel Czech Republic Empty
PostSubject: Medical Travel Czech Republic   Medical Travel Czech Republic EmptySun 05 May 2013, 6:43 pm

I am planning to get sleeved soon and I was wondering if anyone has experience with this clinic I am scheduled at - it is called Medical Travel - it is in Prague, Czech Republic http://www.medicaltravelczech.com/en/. I was advised this clinic, it has very good references, but I am getting a bit anxious now since it is abroad.. Has anyone of you had experience with this place or with having it done abroad? I would love to hear your stories.
Back to top Go down
DebbieD25

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-05-19

PostSubject: great clinic   Medical Travel Czech Republic EmptySun 19 May 2013, 9:49 am

Hello, I had my surgery done at this clinic (Medical Travel Prague), so yep, go for it, they are really good, very professional, very attentive, you will feel comfortable at this place. I had no complications and I am very happy with the results. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
melmac1
melmac1

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2013-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Medical Travel Czech Republic   Medical Travel Czech Republic EmptyTue 21 May 2013, 12:14 am

Hi Blondie I had my surgery in Tijuana Mexico 4 months ago and couldn't be happier :) from start to finish they were brilliant
I would recommend it to anyone! Good luck hope all goes well Mel x
Back to top Go down
Jenfm

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Medical Travel Czech Republic   Medical Travel Czech Republic EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 10:34 am

Hi all, can anyone who went through an oversea's travel place like this please explain it to me? Does it include flights? accomodation? how much is it costing you all uo? Is it legit dr's or dodgy cheapos? Im desperate to get sleeved within the next 6 months, but I dont have private health and have left it too late to start it in time for my wedding.
Back to top Go down
Jenfm

Female

PostSubject: Re: Medical Travel Czech Republic   Medical Travel Czech Republic EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 10:35 am

DebbieD25 wrote:
Hello, I had my surgery done at this clinic (Medical Travel Prague), so yep, go for it, they are really good, very professional, very attentive, you will feel comfortable at this place. I had no complications and I am very happy with the results. Good luck!

The fact that this person has no other posts apart from this makes me wonder if its dodgy? (no offence)
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Medical Travel Czech Republic   Medical Travel Czech Republic EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 12:25 pm

Jen,

The reason there are hardly any replies for this thread are cos there are few British people on this forum.

I think you'll find that people from the UK would head to Czech Republic for cheap surgery, people from USA and Canada go to Mexico and Aussies can head to Thailand.

I can't find any previous threads on here of anyone who has had their surgery overseas.

You could just Google Medical Tourism Asia and see what you find.

It may not cost as much as you think in Australia if you shop around and pick the right surgeon for you. (I was only out of pocket about $2500 with no health insurance.)

Some Surgeons are cheaper if you have a health care card,  you can also apply to access your or your partner's super to pay for the surgery.

Hope this helps.
TARA
Back to top Go down
Jenfm

Female

PostSubject: Re: Medical Travel Czech Republic   Medical Travel Czech Republic EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 12:46 pm

Wow how is that possible? I have next to no super due to having a baby young and studying, and my partner has worked odd jobs all his life and I dont even know what his super would be like. Not great Im guessing but I dont even know how to go about checking.

Im literally sitting here in tears tonight because my wedding is 12 months away and I cant see me getting the surgery before then and everytime I try to lose weight I just get disheartened and depressed. 

Any info you could have on getting it so cheaply for your out of pocket expenses I would really, really appreciate.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Medical Travel Czech Republic   Medical Travel Czech Republic EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 2:45 pm

Hiya Jen,

So I am officially brain dead tonight but tomorrow I will have a bit of a look on here and post you some links to threads so you can start really getting stuck in to some research.

Do you have a Pension or Health Care Card ??

Would you be willing to Travel down here (or up to Cairns) to get the op done ?

And in the meanwhile have a bit of a look at just how much $$ you have in your super and the partners so you know what you MAY be able to access.

And finally, lots of Surgeons have long waiting lists anyway so it MIGHT end up being your best bet to join a health fund.

Anyway as I said I'll do a bit of research tomorrow after I see what answers you have made here to my questions.

Oh and finally there is always a medical loan.

And don't stress too much - we can get you all sorted. It just looks really daunting in the beginning.

See you tomorrow.
Tara
Back to top Go down
Jenfm

Female

PostSubject: Re: Medical Travel Czech Republic   Medical Travel Czech Republic EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 4:11 am

Hi there. I had a look and my partner has about 13 grand in super but its all over the place and some is classified as lost. His current super fund he has no idea so is going to look into it tomorrow and get the details. I only have about 1500 to 2 grand.

I do have a health care card but suspect once tax time comes we will lose it for earning too much.

Completely willing to travel.

Not sure I could get a loan because of my casual earnings.

My partner and i recently tried for finance and couldnt get it because his credit rating is new and at his age apparently that is a worry. (Who would have thoughtnot needing credit until your 30s was abad thing)

Thank you so much for your help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medical Travel Czech Republic   Medical Travel Czech Republic Empty

Back to top Go down

Medical Travel Czech Republic
Page 1 of 1