Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
frankie3123

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2014-11-03

driving and overseas travel Empty
PostSubject: Re: driving and overseas travel   driving and overseas travel EmptySun 08 Nov 2015, 8:49 am

I am booked on a Cruise 37 days after my operation - so it's not flying but it is going to other countries.  The surgeon and dietician thought it would be fine.  I will be on normal food by then (just have to closely watch my portion sizes).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: driving and overseas travel   driving and overseas travel EmptySun 08 Nov 2015, 8:18 am

Hi Yolly
I'm being sleeved on Friday....unfortunately my #2 son starts his Year 11 exams the day before, so not fabulous timing, as I drive my kids to school !! My surgeon said it's normally about a week before you can drive - you need to be comfortable braking, and turning your head each way ! Hoping it's a little sooner, so I can drive DS to some of his exams - the others can catch public transport! I guess it depends a lot on how you recover.

As for overseas, by 6-7 weeks you should be eating normal food, all going well, so I wouldn't imagine there would be an issue with you travelling ! We're booked to fly o/s , but not till 13 weeks post op for mew
Back to top Go down
Sadie

Female
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2014-12-16

PostSubject: Re: driving and overseas travel   driving and overseas travel EmptySun 08 Nov 2015, 2:33 am

Hi Yolly
I drove about 3 days after surgery-it was just a short distance but all seemed good and I was feeling well so I just popped down to the shops. Unfortunately I havent been on a plane since the operation 9 months ago so I cant help you with that one!!
Sadie
Back to top Go down
Yolly

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-08-31

PostSubject: driving and overseas travel   driving and overseas travel EmptySun 08 Nov 2015, 12:55 am

Hi all
I was jut wanting to know how long after surgery people were able to drive?
I have two daughters that need to get to and from school, so just trying to plan how many days I may need help.
I also wondered about overseas travel, I was hoping to travel about 6-7 weeks after my surgery, does anyone have any experience with travel closely after surgery? 
Any advice is appreciated. thank you so much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: driving and overseas travel   driving and overseas travel Empty

Back to top Go down

driving and overseas travel
Page 1 of 1