Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pixiie

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-09-29

FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!!   FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!! EmptyThu 09 May 2013, 10:34 am

All i can say for those that are waiting is just keep swimming, swim to that goal, keep pushing until you get to it. My 2 friends both had surgery probably within a week of each other (one male, one female) and the male has lost 25kgs in 6 weeks, and the female has lost 22 in about 7 or so weeks...they are my inspiration and every day I am closer to my surgery I get more and more excited.

I will be sleeve sisters with anyone else in JULY 2013!!!
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!!   FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!! EmptyWed 08 May 2013, 6:25 am

Hey get stuck only 8 days to go....lucky you
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
getstuck
Part of the furniture
getstuck

Female
Number of posts : 478
Registration date : 2013-03-12

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!!   FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!! EmptyMon 06 May 2013, 1:43 am

I know how you feel OMG I had to wait for ages 2 bloody years and now I'm only 10 days out from my op yippee

I will be exactly 2 mths out when you have your op so hopefully I can help you on your path

Bt girl yay 10 days till you find out ! I would pressure him for it if he isn't looking at giving you a date :0)
Back to top Go down
btgirl
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2012-12-17

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!!   FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!! EmptySun 05 May 2013, 1:17 am

Not long to wait now Pixie, I am hoping to get a sleeve date in July as well, we could be sleeve sisters FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!! 542174
Btgirl
Back to top Go down
bluebags
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2204
Registration date : 2013-01-21

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!!   FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!! EmptySat 04 May 2013, 4:21 am

Welcome Pixie

Your long wait will be worth it there are several that I have read about who have had that disappointment of not having high enough cover. So frustrating.

The 16th July is my youngest daughters birthday and she is as skinny as can be, maybe its a good omen for you. Just think your next Bali holiday you will be skinny minnie good one.

Good luck
bluebags
Back to top Go down
pixiie

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-09-29

PostSubject: FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!!   FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!! EmptyFri 26 Apr 2013, 5:05 am

Hey everyone! After much angst, waiting, issues with trying to get access to my super earlier....I FINALLY HAVE MY SURGERY DATE BOOKED!

It has been such a ride, because every single decision I've made pending this surgery has been because of the surgery. I remember last year, I actually hit that rock bottom point when I found out the cover I was on did not cover me for surgery. I felt as if everything was going against me, and I have never ever experienced that feeling before and so it was crippling. Following that I increased my insurance and then tried to get super to help so I could have the surgery in about December. Well, that didn't work either. I then thought, I can't deal with this rubbish, and decided to let it wait till after our holiday in Bali. We returned mid Feb and then I realised I really didn't have that much longer to wait. Plus, with it being so busy at work and working in a new role days turned into weeks turned into a couple of months....now I'm only a few months off and can start looking forward to that pre-surgery time. Funnily enough two friends who I spoke with after I had gone for my initial consults last year have already had their surgery done! I am so happy for them, and thankful that I have been able to share their journey. Both are doing so well and both say that it is the best thing they could have done for themselves...so I am rapt!

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited! I even called the insurance company today to just double check, triple check, quadruple check...and they said yes, it is all fine to go after July 12....

So now I just need to go and find myself a countdown ticker so I can keep a visual track of the date and I am all set!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!!   FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

FINALLY: Booked my surgery: JULY 16 2013!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1