Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Brodie_83
Brodie_83

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-06-28

new sleeve townsville area Empty
PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyFri 28 Jun 2013, 9:17 am

Thanks for the invite but I have plans tomorrow. Hope lunch goes well. 

I have a couple of good friends who have had the surgery so I have been bombarding them with questions. It's funny the things you think of. I'm more concerned about the gown not fitting and the undies they will make me wear in surgery, then the surgery itself. So ridiculous but that's what I'm worrying about at the moment. 

I have never had surgery either. Never stepped foot in a hospital ever! So I'm a tad concerned about that part. Luckily I have great support here in Townsville so that should help a lot during and after the surgery and hospital....
Back to top Go down
Bikko1968
Bikko1968

Female
Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-02-19

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyFri 28 Jun 2013, 9:09 am

hi Brodie,
yep, every meal was like the last supper for me.

If you wish you can come along to lunch tomorrow and you can ask as many questions as you like.  there is only a few of us going so another would be nice.

regards

Brenda
Back to top Go down
Brodie_83
Brodie_83

Female
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-06-28

PostSubject: I'm having mine done soon   new sleeve townsville area EmptyFri 28 Jun 2013, 8:50 am

Hey everyone,

Having mine done in Townsville on 9th of August with Dr Baker. I can't wait!! 

Just want it to be over and done with and the weight loss to begin!

Out of curiosity did anyone start pigging out the weeks prior to surgery? It's like my brain has gone into panick mode and im eating anything that's not nailed down. I have heard of people mourning the ability to eat big meals. I think I have hit that a bit early lol. 

Anyways nice to meet everyone (sort of) and look forward to reading  some more success stories soon 

Lee:6525:
Back to top Go down
Bikko1968
Bikko1968

Female

PostSubject: i   new sleeve townsville area EmptyFri 28 Jun 2013, 3:38 am

That's ok Helen, the cafe was never going to retire and live off the interest of what we spend anyway.

We will see you next time though and you wil be on the sleeved side then
Back to top Go down
timeisright
timeisright

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-05-10

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyThu 27 Jun 2013, 10:31 pm

Hi Brenda - so sorry but I will not be able to make the catch up on Saturday - as an unexpected family health matter has arisen - bummer!  I was really looking forward to meeting you -  hopefully another catch up can happen again down the track - hope u all  have a lovely time on Saturday - Helen
new sleeve townsville area 32773
Back to top Go down
Bubsy

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyThu 27 Jun 2013, 12:21 pm

Hi Brenda, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it on saturday my son is playing in the Laurie Spina carnival and I'm trying to rest up so I can go and watch a few games. Sorry ill let you know when I come across for check ups and hopefully might be able to catch up then. Cheers Karyn
Back to top Go down
Jenfm

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 1:07 pm

Im getting married in august next year and really want to get it done in time to have lost a decent amount of weight and get a dress before then. I cant stand the idea of looking this way on our special day. So phi and waiting a year isnt my first preference although its the cheaper one :(
Back to top Go down
Bikko1968
Bikko1968

Female

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 12:46 pm

Jen,
I have noted that others on this forum have taken out PHI being careful to ensure the one they chose covers this procedure, and then sit it out for a year. I am afraid I can't think of anything else to help, but have a further scout around on the forum, someone else may be better I formed to help.

Oh, and never feel embarrassed or ashamed. Ok?  Every single one of us has been where you are

Chin up and feel free to participate, we are all nice people

Hugs to you
B
Back to top Go down
Jenfm

Female

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 12:38 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Bummer. I think we only have about 13k between us in super. Might have to start pinching pennies. 

Thanks for the offer but I have to work and really cant stand to be in public more than I need to. Ive reached that awful stage of weight where I am just hating being seen. Hopefully it wont be too long and Ill be able to change this.
Back to top Go down
Bikko1968
Bikko1968

Female

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 12:31 pm

Jen,
I am uncertain as I am fortunate to have  PHI.  However judging by the charges and the the fact bupa paid about $9k just for the hospital stay, I would probably budget about $20k ish.

If you want to come along to the get together on Saturday feel free. Some are sleeved and some are not. You can ask lots of questions.

Brenda
Back to top Go down
Jenfm

Female

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 12:24 pm

Hi all.. Sorry to intrude but I was just wondering if any of you had the surgery while not covered by private health? Im wondering how much it costs in full either by Dr bovey or Dr Baker? My partner and I do not have a lot in super, but Im hoping if we dont have the full amount, we have close to. Thanks in advance. x
Back to top Go down
Bikko1968
Bikko1968

Female

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013, 6:15 am

OK Siblings,

table booked at Odyssey on the Strand for midday Saturday 29 June.  I think there will only be four of us as the others are either now home or heading home to the regions.

The table is booked in my name....thats Brenda not Bikko, Bikko is my cat!

I look forward to having a teeny bit of an entree, except TR who can still have the last supper if she wants - lucky thing!

See you there.
Brenda
Back to top Go down
nqdad
nqdad

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2013-03-21

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 10:48 am

Good to hear Bubsy  new sleeve townsville area 65317
Back to top Go down
Bikko1968
Bikko1968

Female

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 7:11 am

Yay Bubsy, you will sleep so much better in a decent bed and not having obs done all night.

Do you think you can make it to sleeve siblings get together on Saturday, or are you heading home?
Back to top Go down
Bubsy

Female

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013, 7:08 am

Hi there, I survived and was released today, still very tired but I think that's to do with being poked and prodded 24/7. Looking forward to a good sleep tonight.
Back to top Go down
timeisright
timeisright

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2013-05-10

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 9:43 am

I am looking forward to meeting you all on the 29 - I have had my surgery date brought forward to the 10 July so now am less than 3 weeks away from joining u on the sleeved side!! Started intensive opti today so will be sipping black tea and eating lettuce at our lunch when we meet! Exciting..... Best wishes to all
Back to top Go down
AndiLee
AndiLee

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013, 4:41 am

Let us know how you're feeling when you are able to, Bubsy...been thinking about you today!

new sleeve townsville area 63412
Back to top Go down
nqdad
nqdad

Male

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 9:38 am

All the best for tomorrow Bubsy new sleeve townsville area 120705.
Back to top Go down
Bikko1968
Bikko1968

Female

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 9:05 am

Good luck bubsy.  You will not regret it.
If you can make it to lunch on 29 June that would be great
Back to top Go down
Bubsy

Female

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyThu 20 Jun 2013, 8:58 am

Hi Andilee good to see you are doing well. Well after weeks of hysteria a strange calm has fallen over me lol. I met Dr Baker today and I thought he was awesome and he and Meagan totally put my mind at ease. Quietly excited about the future........7am tomorrow is go time!!
Back to top Go down
AndiLee
AndiLee

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptyWed 19 Jun 2013, 2:03 pm

Hi Bubsy...and everyone else. 
Feeling almost normal today after my first good nights sleep since just before the op. I think sleep deprivation was taking its toll on me, as yesterday I just couldn't feel anything but tired, cranky and depressed. Today, whole new ball game. Drinking is difficult, but I managed about 600ml today, 200ml of that being a protein drink. So difficult. But every day gets a bit better drinking-wise.  Noticing a big change in my taste buds too...cuppa soup was SUPER salty, and a tablespoon of diet cordial added to my 600ml water bottle was SUPER sweet. I better still enjoy coffee :/
We will all be thinking of you, Bubsy, on Friday morning! Keep calm and sleeve on!
Back to top Go down
Bubsy

Female

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptySun 16 Jun 2013, 12:15 pm

Yay Times Come good on you. How is Andilee doing??
Back to top Go down
nqdad
nqdad

Male

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptySun 16 Jun 2013, 11:45 am

That's good to hear new sleeve townsville area 446871
Back to top Go down
Time's Come

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2013-04-09

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptySun 16 Jun 2013, 11:14 am

Paul, not sure how to reply on my phone do hope you see this. I made it. Have barium swallow tomorrow. Been one of the slower ones to get up and about and still very sore but I am through!
Back to top Go down
nqdad
nqdad

Male

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area EmptySun 16 Jun 2013, 10:12 am

How is Times come  and Andilee  hope your both well, And hello to all the sleeve sisters.
new sleeve townsville area 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new sleeve townsville area   new sleeve townsville area Empty

Back to top Go down

new sleeve townsville area
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next