3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stop115
Stop115

Female
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2013-01-05

PROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best? Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best?   PROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best? EmptyTue 12 Mar 2013, 12:21 am

I am using the Biggest Loser ones, having been through a number of others and hated them all.

I find them really yummy, (not slimy like some others; not too sweet), a wide range of flavours (so don't get bored! includes Choc-Mint; Latte; Choc; Vanilla; Berry; Banana) and often 20% off in Coles for a multi-flavour pack.

My surgeon was happy for me to have them if that helps.

Worth a try.
Back to top Go down
sandygee
Part of the furniture
sandygee

Female
Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2013-01-26

PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best?   PROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best? EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 11:12 pm

Hi Bek87

I am being sleeved on 1st May 3013 & I am just trying out a few different protein shakes.
My surgeon doesn't mind which brand I use. His receptionist suggested the Aldi brand shakes
as being very yummy and reasonably priced...... I didn't like them - way to sweet!

At the moment I am trying a brand called 'Vital Protein' - got it from Terry White pharmacy.
It comes in a big container so you have to measure it yourself. These are much lower in sugar than all the other brands - so perfect for me and my sister who has Type II Diabetes. We have mixed them up with skim milk instead of water....improves the flavour and the texture. The chocolate one is quite nice but I am not fond of the vanilla. I am going to buy the 'green coffee' flavour next.

At the moment we are blending our shakes with a small portion of frozen banana (because we have hundreds of home grown ones in the freezer) but that will have to stop in the 2 weeks before surgery when I have to be really strict. If you don't blend your shakes with frozen fruit make sure you add lots of ice.....the colder they are the better they taste :)

Sandy
Back to top Go down
BeK87

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: PROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best?   PROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best? EmptyFri 22 Feb 2013, 6:53 am

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone can share what protein shakes they use and why? I know some are higher in carbs than others? There are WPC protein powders and WPI ones?

Really i want to know which ones taste the best and are also the best for you?

Im a real rookie when it comes to this stuff PROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best? 595690

Or if you have any smoothie ideas that are high in protein and low in carbs????

Thanks Guys XPROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best? 120705

Bek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best?   PROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best? Empty

Back to top Go down

PROTEIN SHAKES?? Which ones are best?
Page 1 of 1