AuthorMessage
Nutbags
Part of the furniture
Nutbags

Female
Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2011-06-23

The Band is O U T ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Band is O U T !   The Band is O U T ! EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012, 11:10 am

Hi Teeli

Congratulations on having the band out. I didn't have any problems with eating after mine came out, but I certainly didn't have the problem you had with yours either. I suspect that your tummy is very swollen given the band was adhered to your liver, you probably just need to take is easy for a little while and give your tummy chance to heal.

Take care
Back to top Go down
Teeli

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: The Band is O U T !   The Band is O U T ! EmptyTue 27 Nov 2012, 5:03 am

OK... questions?
Should I still be having sliming episodes along with blockage and pain? Hiccups?
I thought that would have ended by now... how long does it go on after having the band removed?
Back to top Go down
Teeli

Female
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: The Band is O U T !   The Band is O U T ! EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 7:56 pm

Hey folks! I am home again after having the surgery in Auckland to remove the Band.
I managed to lose 7 kgs on the Optifast over 2 weeks, so that was good.

Just as well I decided to have it out when I did, because the surgeon had some problems. The Band had attached to the liver and the liver was sort of growing around it, or absorbing it...and he said there was a LOT of inflammation around the Band itself-more than he had expected, in fact.

Apart from the difficulty in arousing me after the surgery, everything else went well.I was 6 hours in the recovery room, lol, they just could not get mew to stay alert.

I still have severe shoulder pain, it hurts to hiccup or cough or laugh, and the incision sites are very tender,though they have stopped bleeding finally. But, for me, that's par for the course, I always bleed excessively.

This morning I have had a normal breakfast of bacon egg tomato and cheese.....I am going to be eating high protein and low carb until Feb when I go back to Auckland for the Sleeve operation

I have a lot more confidence now in my decision to have the Sleeve done, and I am not nearly as scared of the surgery as I was before. In part that is because of all the information and help I have had from this site, so I am saying a huge THANK YOU to everyone in here who helped this part of my journey to go smoothly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Band is O U T !   The Band is O U T ! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Band is O U T !
Page 1 of 1