AuthorMessage
Nutbags
Part of the furniture
Nutbags

Female
Number of posts : 510
Registration date : 2011-06-23

Hi from Canberra! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra!   Hi from Canberra! EmptyTue 23 Oct 2012, 11:46 am

Hi Kromac, welcome to the site. I too am from Canberra, there are a couple of us on here. I am being sleeved in November .. a few short weeks away. Congratulations on your surgery, I hope your recovery has gone well. Did you have your surgery here with Canberra Bariatric?
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Hi from Canberra! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra!   Hi from Canberra! EmptySun 21 Oct 2012, 10:50 pm

hi there Kromac

a warm welcome to you. I too remember how i went to sit in an aeroplane seat and struggled alot with the seat belt. You were brave in asking for an extension, i just didnt breathe for the hour of my flight. I struggled for 15 minutes preflight to get it done up. It took alot of courage on your part to ask for that seat extension belt. I was just stubborn.

Well done with your decision to be sleeved and for taking the steps to change your life.

looking forward to hearing more on your journey

Erin
Back to top Go down
jessied
Part of the furniture
jessied

Female
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Hi from Canberra! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra!   Hi from Canberra! EmptySun 21 Oct 2012, 3:56 am

Hi kroner
Welcome to the site and also the sleeve world. How is your recovery been?
Ask any questions, there will be sure to be someone with an answer.
I am sure the September sleevers would live you to join them in the sleevers monthly topic and you will be able to compare notes with others at the same stages as yourself.
All the best
Jessied
Back to top Go down
Kromac
Kromac

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-10-12

Hi from Canberra! Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Canberra!   Hi from Canberra! EmptySat 20 Oct 2012, 12:17 pm

Hi everyone

Thought I had better introduce myself, as I have been lurking for a little while now!

I am a single mother of two beautiful kidlets who was sleeved on the 28th September. I have struggled with my weight all my life - ever since I can remember. After considering surgery for almost 4 years now, my turning point was in July when I decided to take the kids on a holiday to sunny qld. To my absolute shock horror, the seat belt on the plane was too small - so I had to ask the hostess for an extension. The looks I received from this one woman who heard me - I have never felt so embarrassed, ashamed and angry at myself for letting myself get to this point. A low point indeed...

So shortly afterwards, I made the phone call to finally make a date, and here I am, newly sleeved and excited at the prospect of what is going to be!

I will probably have loads of questions as i progress which may sound stupid, but i figure a stupid question is a question that isnt asked!

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and can't wait to learn as much as I can from all the wonderful sleeve vets out there!! Hi from Canberra! 355206
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Canberra! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Canberra!   Hi from Canberra! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Canberra!
Page 1 of 1