12 posters
AuthorMessage
Zhan
Zhan

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-01

Hi, a newbie from Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Zhan from Canberra.. I will be banded on 8th Oct, in Sydney... PM me   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptySat 21 Aug 2010, 8:04 am

jap wrote:
Hi McDuff
I too am from Canberra, and have just signed up to this forum, plus just booked an appointment with Charlie Moss. How did your surgery go? So keen to find out?
Have you hooked up with any other Canberrans yet? I too would love to get together with the Canberra group.
xo Judy
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 8:02 am

Hi Judy and welcome

I am not far from Canberra.
The last Canberra meet up was a bit of a flop! Hi, a newbie from Canberra 697586

Good luck with your appointment Hi, a newbie from Canberra 217555
Back to top Go down
jap

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 3:56 am

Hi McDuff
I too am from Canberra, and have just signed up to this forum, plus just booked an appointment with Charlie Moss. How did your surgery go? So keen to find out?
Have you hooked up with any other Canberrans yet? I too would love to get together with the Canberra group.
xo Judy
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyTue 03 Aug 2010, 2:39 am

Hi Zhan,

I was sleeved almost a year ago and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT I love my sleeve it has changed my life.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyMon 02 Aug 2010, 1:48 pm

Hi Zhan and welcome,

Take a bit of time to read the site, you'll find lots of information to help you with your questions. Here are some links to get you started: The Diaries , Pre-op & Post-op sections should all be helpful.

Please also have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works.

If you can't find all the answers you need, ask away, there is sure to be someone about to try to help you.

Cheers – Carrie
Back to top Go down
Zhan
Zhan

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Help... also from Canberra    Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyMon 02 Aug 2010, 12:49 pm

Hi Canberrans
I have agreed to get banded in Sydney... should I have it done in Canberra? I have set a date for Oct with my first visit in 2 weeks from now.

I have so many Q's...

Will it be the same price in Canberra?
Just as safe?
Which Dr?
Band or sleeve?

PM me pleez
Back to top Go down
LeoMegs
LeoMegs

Female
Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2010-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 12:04 pm

Hi McDuff, I'm also from Canberra. Wondering how you are going?

Megs
Back to top Go down
kmsbj
kmsbj

Female
Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyWed 19 May 2010, 2:49 pm

mcduff wrote:
anyway so I did have a pick at food, and now I am feeling so sick, I had to come home and it was the worst journey as I thought I was going to throw up all the way, so I have just had a couple of hours in bed and still feel like shit.
So I am feeling ashamed that I have let myself down, not to mention feeling like crap.
Note to self............ get back on track tommorow.

Dont beat yourself up about it. You WILL get back on track and next time maybe you will feel better able to cope with the situation.

I know for me during my opti phase if i even had so much as a bite of 'food' i felt increadibly ill for the rest of the day. Even the 'free vegies' that i was allowed caused issues so they didnt last long. Instead I just had opti only.

I struggled with letting people know pre-op that i was planning surgery, especially workmates. There was one i told however as she had been banded approx 12-18mnths previous and i felt she would understand my desire without judging me.

I did however openly consume the opti shake at work as i figured letting others see me on my new 'diet' would help discourage questions post-op when the weight started to fall.

Now post-op I really dont mind who knows and will tell anyone who genuinely asks 'how have you done it'.
Back to top Go down
mcduff
mcduff

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyWed 19 May 2010, 12:13 pm

Hi

thank you all for your lovely welcome emails, it is lovely to know i am not the only fatty going down this track.

I would so love to come to a meeting in Canberra, it would be great to have the support of "like" people.

As i write this I am feeling so sick.............. my fault but old habits die hard. I have only been on opti for this week and at work was presented with my first challenge, we had an afternoon tea and as I am one of the ones who always eats lots and enjoys all these type of food things, I thought to myself I will just have a couple of things as I did not want anyone at work to wonder why I was not eating, I felt no one would beleive me if I said I was not hungry (I hide the fact that I am on opti and definatley wont be announcing I am having surgery, I have a hernia so will be telling everyone that excuse) anyway so I did have a pick at food, and now I am feeling so sick, I had to come home and it was the worst journey as I thought I was going to throw up all the way, so I have just had a couple of hours in bed and still feel like shit.
So I am feeling ashamed that I have let myself down, not to mention feeling like crap.
Note to self............ get back on track tommorow.

Yes I am having Charlie Moss, he seems like a really nice guy. As I have had a hernia operation a couple of years ago which was quite a big deal, I can not have keyhole surgery because of this and am going to have another hernia fixed so it is a double whammy.

What kind of recovery period can I expect after surgery? Your comments would be appreciated.
chat soon
mcduff
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyWed 19 May 2010, 8:09 am

Hello fellow canberran :)

Huge welcome to you!! I am guessing that Charlie (who did my sleeve) or Dr Ghanawheelbarrow ( I can never spell his name) is doing your operation? So exciting...Charlie is the bomb but have heard good stories about Ghana too so you are in very good hands

Keep us up to date with your journey and any more questions just holler...there is always someone around to help

I agree...double cook!! It helps so much for when you cant, I had 5 children when I had my op (3 of my own and 2 foster children) so it helped to be prepared

We have had our first canberra meet up not long ago and planning on another soon so keep an eye out for the next meetup and come and say hi with a lovely bunch of sleevers who understand everything you are going through

xx Kyles
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyWed 19 May 2010, 5:10 am

Hi McDuff,

Welcom to the forum and congratulations on the upcoming surgery.
Most people don't like the opti stage much but it does serve a double purpose.
It does help with the weight loss and it also helps with the liver shrinking which is so important for the surgery.

I am sure you will lose the weight that you need to and have a shiny new liver as well LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 11:14 pm

Hi McDuff and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on your decision to be sleeved and good luck with the Optifast.
I lost 20 kgs before my surgery, but did it with Lite 'n' Easy mainly.

Cold in Canberra last night, I flew in from Brisbane to Canberra.....bbbrrrrr!

Good luck with your journey Hi, a newbie from Canberra 217555
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 2:24 pm

Hello McDuff and Welcome

You have certainlty come to the right place to recieve support and any answers to questions you have
Opti can be a pain but its necessary so if ya need to whinge we are hear to listen we know wat your going through

Cheers Sue Hi, a newbie from Canberra 63412
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 2:16 pm

double cook anything you do for your kids reheating means less time in kitchen hell while on optifast. we also gave our kids subway a few nights a week :) hell a couple of nights of mcdonalds over 2 weeks aint that bad in the scheme of life and your sanity.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
diggs
diggs

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 2:09 pm

Hi Mcduff,

Welcome. I'm fairly new myself to this site but find it sooo friendly and a wealth of information. I too have had to loose 15kg, i have just kept focused and imagining what it is going to be like. Short term pain for long term gain keeps popping into my head. I have 13 more days to go before the chop but whos counting. Good luck and look forward to hearing about your journey.
Back to top Go down
mcduff
mcduff

Female
Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-05-18

PostSubject: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra EmptyTue 18 May 2010, 1:54 pm

Hi
I have been trying to find a support group with like minded people and thankfully I seem to have found one.
I have my surgery date, 14th July and I am on optifast already, I have just started this week. It is quite hard going especially as I have children to prepare and cook food for. I know though if I dont loose 15kg the surgeon wont do my operation, so that is quite a good incentive!!.
Hello
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi, a newbie from Canberra   Hi, a newbie from Canberra Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi, a newbie from Canberra
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: