Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kazbo

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-03-25

New From Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: New From Canberra   New From Canberra EmptySun 05 Jan 2014, 2:29 am

Hi there!

9 days for you now :)

urgh, I am so not looking forward to doing optifast again. Siva only expects me to do it for 1 weeks but I am volunteering to do it for 16 days...I know, I'm crazy.

I'm not looking forward to the headaches, crankiness, bad breath, persistent hunger, etc. But I am looking forward to the detox feeling and that I am so damned close to having the operation. last time I did it I ended up going to bed really early just so I could get to the next day just that little bit sooner...plus it meant I wasn't sitting up desperately wanting to eat while I watched tv.

I'm sure you sill find the next 9 days will just fly by once you are back at work and back into your routine. It is always harder to bide your time and diet when you are rattling around at home.

The thing that is really getting me these days is that everyone wants to 'catch up for dinner before my operation'...like I'm going to die or never eat again. I started agreeing to these offers and making plans and then I realised that I would be eating so many damned restaurant meals I'd be lucky to fit on to the operating table!!!
Back to top Go down

New From Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: New From Canberra   New From Canberra EmptySat 04 Jan 2014, 1:58 am

Hi
My sleeve is getting done by Dr Charles Mosse at John James; did not have a choice as I was booked in for November 2013 originally but due to finances had to cancel until I could get the money again; so I had to choose the next available date and hospital ... doesn't really bother me as both hospitals are near by to me. 
Day 5 of optifast today - going OK have lost about 3kg in those days and thankfully the headaches seem to have stopped. Just counting down the days - wanting the days to go fast but they seem to have slowed down as I lay in bed getting nervous about the surgery and just wanting it over and done with - fed up with questioning if I am doing the right thing and listening to too many people who say I can do it without having such a drastic procedure done ..... it is ok for them to say seeing they would way all of 60kg  even wringing wet.
Only have 10 days to go ..... come on days go faster. I have to go back to work on Monday after nearly three weeks of leave, so I am hoping the days will go faster for me once I am doing something constructive.
Cheers
 New From Canberra 63412
Back to top Go down
kazbo

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2012-03-25

New From Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: New From Canberra   New From Canberra EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013, 5:13 am

hi krclifo

I am getting sleeved in Canberra too!! YAY US!! who is doing yours? Siva is doing mine, he did my band and subsequently removed it, he is going to do my sleeve which is booked for 5 March so you will be ahead of the game :) I'm a little nervous because a band to sleeve revision is more difficult due to scarring and he has told me that if he isn't happy about how the stomach looks, he's not doing it and we wont know what the state of my stomach is until he is in there.

are you getting yours done at Calvary? or John James? I had my band done at Calvary, removal at John James and I had the choice of hospitals for sleeving. I chose Calvary because even though it is further from my home that JJ (I live in Tuggers), I felt better at the idea of having it at Calvary with their emergency department available. Plus when I was at JJ, they put me in the maternity ward FFS!

It wont be long and you will be starting opti - how excitement!!

I bought some opti from the Priceline website today as they have a special on a the moment - buy one and get one free. So I bought the strawberry and banana flavours.
Back to top Go down
spunkygirl
spunkygirl

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-12-27

New From Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: New From Canberra   New From Canberra EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013, 1:41 am

Hi krclifo

My surgery is one day before yours! I'm excited. A little nervous too. I have 2 weeks off before I have to go back to school teaching. I hope it's enough time.

Cheers, spunkygirl
Back to top Go down
Vikki28
Part of the furniture
Vikki28

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2013-07-24

New From Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: New From Canberra   New From Canberra EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 8:13 am

Yes I totally understand your concerns I had the same ones before I had my surgery, I never wanted the band I've seen and heard too many horror stories with it. I'm very happy with the sleeve, it takes some getting used to but there is lots of support here and elsewhere. The excess skin is also an issue but I'm just concentrating on losing the weight at the moment and I will decide about the excess skin later on, you don't have to have more surgery that is your choice, at least I will be much healthier when I lose the weight and you can always buy sucky inny garments in the mean time lol.
Back to top Go down

New From Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Thank you for your reply   New From Canberra EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 8:04 am

Hi Vicki28
Thank you for your message, my weight at present is 141kg so I have got a big job ahead of me. I have a size 20  pair of bike pant that I want to get back into - but I think the biggest thing for me is wanting to feel like a woman again and not Jabba the hut. I have a lady I work with whom has had gastric banding, she weighed 180kg and is now down to 90kg 5 years later but now wishes she had the gastric sleeve done and she is constantly vomiting.
As I said I am a little apprehensive about the surgery but I have the best in Canberra doing the op - still stop me being scared. Also a bit worried about excess skin and having to go through surgery again at a later date to have this fixed up???? but know doubt I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
 New From Canberra 697586 
I am glad I have found this forum and can read all the success stories and follow everyones wonderful journery.
Thank you again
 New From Canberra 65317
Back to top Go down
Vikki28
Part of the furniture
Vikki28

Female
Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2013-07-24

New From Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: New From Canberra   New From Canberra EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 5:15 am

Welcome krclifo, that's a great reason to get the weight off, I'm looking forward to getting back on my motorbike soon, I've lost 15kgs so far and can just fit back into my draggin jeans so I'm rapt!
Back to top Go down

New From Canberra Empty
PostSubject: New From Canberra   New From Canberra EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 3:47 am

Booked into have my sleeve done on the 14th January - Little scared and worried, I know this will make a difference in my life and I am so looking forward to getting on the motorbike with my husband ..... it has been way toooooo long.
 New From Canberra 355206
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New From Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: New From Canberra   New From Canberra Empty

Back to top Go down

New From Canberra
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: