AuthorMessage
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

Newby - Hi Everyone Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newby - Hi Everyone   Newby - Hi Everyone EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 2:19 pm

Welcome Minkky, yes you will find this site very helpful, suportive & Informative. Like Tracey said, clear fluids 3-4 days, fluids 1-2 weeks, mushys, solids by 3-4 months ect but all surgeons are different & if you dont get the info u need ask!!

I was told not to excersise till week 3, I was very tired & lethagic, remember we are on fluids. Good luck!!
Back to top Go down
Tracey_379
Part of the furniture
Tracey_379

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2012-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Newby - Hi Everyone   Newby - Hi Everyone EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 2:07 pm

Hi minkky

Good luck with your op tomorrow. Time in hospital is 3-4 days u should be home Friday. You won't eat anything in hospital, at home I was on liquids then puree foods then soft and after about 9 weeks full solids. But u need to speak to your surgeon and dietician because everyone receives different advice. For hospital lip gloss or a chap stick is a must I woke up from surgery and I felt like I had eaten a sand pit, until the dip starts you are so dry. As far as exercise my surgeon wanted me up out of bed day after surgery and doing short slow walks often, then at home just walking for the first month. Good luck all the best.
Newby - Hi Everyone 217555
Back to top Go down
Minkky

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Newby - Hi Everyone   Newby - Hi Everyone EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 1:25 pm

Hi, I found this site and think it will be very useful. Nine years ago I had the Gastric Band put in and honestly it was no good for me. I initially lost weight but gained the weight loss plus more. Three months ago I have the Band removed and tomorrow my Gastric sleeve will be done. I have no idea how long I will be in hospital nor what I am supposed to eat etc when I come home. Exercise? Any help and pointers anyone can give me will be welcomed. Regards Minkky Newby - Hi Everyone 618285
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newby - Hi Everyone   Newby - Hi Everyone Empty

Back to top Go down

Newby - Hi Everyone
Page 1 of 1