margd
Top Poster
Top Poster
margd

Female
Number of posts : 2628
Registration date : 2011-09-09

Has or Is anyone calorie counting? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 8:50 am

I think i need to get back into my fitnesspal again as lately i have been having to many snacks,I need to stick to 800-1000 to get my weight to move.
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female
Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2012-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 7:35 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Ginka
Part of the furniture
Ginka

Female
Number of posts : 785
Registration date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 6:18 am

Here is there website www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile, you can use it online from a PC, or by mobile, or by iPad. I have to calorie count as I snack too much. I need to stick around the 1000 calories per day to lose 500 grams -1 kg a week.
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 6:02 am

How do you find myfitnesspal? I have a Samsung
Back to top Go down
butterflyfallen
butterflyfallen

Female
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2011-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 5:55 am

i calorie counted quite strictly for about 6 months of my almost 12 months post op. When i dont, i notice i tend to snack snack snack. When i do count, I still have a few snacks, but im definatly more conscious of what im putting in my mouth. You slowly get used to what calories are in things and can count roughly in your head, but as soon as i get off track i start counting again and i start losing again. You'd be amazed at how many calories are in certain things. Im about 2 weeks shy of 12 months post op and im sitting at 54kg lost. I know if i didnt calorie count, i def wouldnt have been able to lose this much. I still had alot of my appetite and definatly wasnt one of those ppl who was easily satisfied in a spoonful of food. I think i eat a healthier (larger) portion compared to the avg sleever, so calorie counting has been very useful for me to counteract my portions.

Last edited by butterflyfallen on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
suzyhomemaker
suzyhomemaker

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptyTue 28 Aug 2012, 12:23 am

I go through periods of using myfitnesspal. It took me a while to admit that *I* will need that sometimes. I'm an emotional eater through and through and I know when I do it and sometimes need to "check in" to see how my calorie intake is going. It gives me a reality check when I need it. I can easily eat (through snacking) over 1200cals and I didnt realise there was times I was doing it until I stopped and had a hard look at myself. I've since realised that I don't NEED to, and can comfortably have a 600cal day.
Back to top Go down
NormalNow
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2011-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptySat 18 Aug 2012, 10:25 pm

I use myfitnesspal to track my calories and have since I was on fairly normal foods.

Like you now, I was struggling to consume 700 cals, but as time has gone on, I can now eat much more and it is very easy to snack and eat far more than I realise. So I am very glad I track because it has stopped me falling back into old habits. I now average about 900 cals a day.

As for weight loss, it will be 6 mths since sleeve on Wednesday and I've lost almost 37 kgs. I've had stalls along the way and my loss is now slowing, but I've got 15 kgs to goal and am ahead in loss compared to my surgeons goals.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:11 pm

Brooke, I am not officially counting cals but use my netdiary to keep tabs of food, water intake and exercise output. I don't do it everyday. I will doing it for the next week as I struggle to eat and need to see what I am doing. If you find you are stalling just freak your body out abit and increase exercise, add abit more food etc.
Back to top Go down
Eringirl
Part of the furniture
Eringirl

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 1:04 pm

hi ya

when first sleeved i didnt bother keeping track, just focussed on getting in the protein. I have been keeping a more general count of cals now that i am a little bit further down the track. i average between 1000 - 1300, generally though sitting around the 1200 area.

regards

Erin
Back to top Go down
Kateh (Bluedog)
Part of the furniture
Kateh (Bluedog)

Female
Number of posts : 1159
Registration date : 2011-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 10:36 am

Hi Brooke, I keep a track of my cals during the week mainly out of interest as now I should be consuming 1200 cals but am still struggling to get over a 1000! During the weight loss period my dietitian told me not to bother counting cals as long as I was eating 3 times a day & getting heaps of protein.
Back to top Go down
Blackchook
Blackchook

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptyMon 13 Aug 2012, 10:20 am

Ok cool, thanks

I am still losing weight consistantly so I guess it's ok. I am still struggling to get anymore food in.
Back to top Go down
Red5
Part of the furniture
Red5

Female

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 1:58 pm

I'm strictly not but I am trying to average around 200-250cal per main meal and 100 cal per snack. My dietician told me that I should be eating around 1100cal if I am exercising and we worked out that I was having around 900cal. That was a couple of weeks ago now and I know my food intake has increased but the weight is still coming off so I figure I'm doing ok.
Back to top Go down
LittleMissCee
Administrator
LittleMissCee

Female
Number of posts : 2103
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 12:10 pm

I didn't calorie count for the first 10 months of my sleeve, but have been doing it for the last 2 months.

Even with all the snacks & junk I eat, I average 1000-1200 calories a day.

If you start to stall with your weight loss, your body may have gone unto starvation mode, but I wouldn't stress too much till then.
Back to top Go down
Blackchook
Blackchook

Female
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? EmptySun 12 Aug 2012, 12:02 pm

Hi there,

I am seven weeks post op and just out of interest counted my calories over a few days. I am on between 500 and 700 calories each day (most of which is protein and vegetables) and I was wondering if this is too low and will my body go into starvation mode and make it harder to lose weight.

If anyone counts calories I'd love to know how many you are consuming and how your weightloss is going.

Thanks!
Brooke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has or Is anyone calorie counting?   Has or Is anyone calorie counting? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has or Is anyone calorie counting?
Page 1 of 1