AuthorMessage
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!    From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!  EmptySun 08 Jul 2012, 3:15 am

Hi Leanne,

Sorry you have had such a crappy run with your band. I've not been banded, am yet to be sleeved, but know of numerous people that have been banded and have had an initial really good run, then things went pear shaped for some reason. Me neice, who had her band at 170kg dropped to double figures then started to put weight back on and is now looking at having the band removed and sleeving down.

Also one of the women I work with lost 50+ kg, and ten years down the track looks exactly how she looked pre-band. I don't necessarily think it is you, for some reason it just appears to almost time out.

Cheers,

Janet
Back to top Go down
steveelea
steveelea

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-07-02

PostSubject: Re: From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!    From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!  EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 6:15 am

Thanks for the warm welcome Becc & sssss ......it sure hasnt been easy road but I still think its been worth it to lose 40kg (although now it may only be 30kg) but I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and diabeties (with a long term of over 7) and now thats all normal so its all been worth it.
Weight loss is never an easy road whichever way you go about it.
I am looking forward to reading a lot about everyones experiences
Leanne
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!    From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!  EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 6:02 am

Hi Leanne and welcome to the website. You'll find other people here who've also made the switch from band to sleeve...and nearly all of us have had the lifelong yoyo relationship with food and diet.

Strongly recommend you browse the diaries and threads...and you will find specific topics about the band to sleeve experience.

Good luck.

S
Back to top Go down
Crazybexta
Crazybexta

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-06-14

PostSubject: Welcome   From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!  EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 5:51 am

Hi Leanne,

Welcome to the forum :)

Wow - the band doesn't sound like it's been good for you at all!!!

I am still in my pre-op phase... but I just wanted to welcome you and to let you know you've joined the right place! I have done lots of reading :) This site is quite useful and has lots of great info. It doesn't sugar coat it, and there's usually a post about something you want to know :)

My advice - just keep reading :) No one can make the choice for you, but they can help give you guidance :)

Becc
Back to top Go down
steveelea
steveelea

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-07-02

PostSubject: From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!    From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!  EmptyTue 03 Jul 2012, 4:49 am

Hi All From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!  362526

My name is Leanne and I am from Melbourne. I had just started researching gastric sleeving and came accross your web site on google yesterday. OK, so a bit about myself.......

I was banded in November 09 and had to have 3 port replacements in the year following (April June and November 2010). So I guess you could say I didn't have a dream run in my first year of having the band because as those of you that have had a port replacement would know, they take a lot of fluid out of the band before they operate and then you have to go through the whole getting a little bit of fill till its right every 2 weeks to a month until you are at your sweet spot so its a lot of up and downs.

In any case I started at 150kg (am only 5'2) and got down to 111kg so was doing really well even with all the setbacks, but then I started to gain again. I am now hungry looking for food a lot and eating more than I should because I am just not satisfied. I went onto a protein diet for about 8 weeks and got down to about 106kg which was great but I am too scared to hop onto the scales again but at a guess I think I am back to about 115kg maybe even 120kg.

I am so dissapointed in myself as its been almost 3 years and I am still so overweight and just feeling so yuck. I guess the main reason that I am so dissapointed is that I am just about to turn 40 and almost 3 years ago my goal was to be about 70 to 80kg by the time I hit 40 which wasnt unrealistic at all but I am not where near it.....I cant even get into double figures, under the big 100.

So thats why I am here to share and learn and find out more about sleeving and talk to others that have experienced the band working/not working etc. I know that the band is NOT a quick fix or an easy answer, believe me after all those surgeries I know!! But I just wonder why it was working so well to start with and why now its not.....maybe its me and my willpower??

Sorry to be such a negative nelly about it all....

On a lighter note I am excited about getting to know you all and learning as much as I can......this forum was a fantastic idea well done!!!!

From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!  65317

PS Please excuse all the spelling mistakes as I dont often re read what I write and didnt see a spell check so appolagies in advance LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!    From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

From Melbourne, Hello Everyone!!!!
Page 1 of 1