Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gail221
Gail221

Female
Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2012-05-15

Approved for super Empty
PostSubject: Approved for super   Approved for super EmptySat 16 Jun 2012, 2:25 am

Well it took me about five weeks to get approval for the early release of my super. They said that the application didn't get there until 6 days after it was posted, then I had to wait the 10 days after they received it to find out that my GP saying that my condition would end my life early was not the same as "a life threatening condition". Also I stated in the application that I have $1500 in the bank, they wanted to know why I couldn't use that money for the surgery, and they also wanted to know why I couldn't get a loan for the surgery on top of the 3 credit cards, mortgage and personal loan that we are already paying. I sent them copies of our regos which are due to be paid, and advised in a stat dec that it would be irresponsable to takeout another loan and then got approval.

I'm relieved I thought that they were going to knock me back. My advise to anyone making the application would be to look closely at the figures that you submit for income and expenditure, because if you have any left over they will expect you to try to get a loan or save for it. Also, don't let your GP deviate from the exact wording a 'life threatening condition'they are very precise with the wording that they will accept.

I'm going through the public hospital, so still don't have a surgery date yet. I have to see the endocrinologist on the 2nd of July and hope that it won't be that long before I get a date.
Back to top Go down

Approved for super
Page 1 of 1