8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jojo78
Jojo78

Female
Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2012-05-04

really not liking the opti diet Empty
PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 2:10 pm

Hi kjmaybe. I was having heaps of trouble with the opti. I would feel fine, then I would have an opti and then feel like s#*t for a few hours. I would just start to feel ok then it was time for another. Got to the point that I would only have to think about then or food and I would feel like crap. AI rang my dietition. She suggested getting some lacteeze. You can get them from the chemist. They might help digest them. it worked a treat for me.
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 11:58 am

kjmaybe - could something else be going on, ie got a cold?
Back to top Go down
JPC
Part of the furniture
JPC

Female
Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 7:59 am

Hi kjmaybe,

I struggled with the first few days on the shakes then I started to cope OK unitl my husbands 60th birthday. We had a dinner planned for months with a huge raspberry and chocolate mousse gateau and I had squid and salad for mains and just a little bit of the cake for dessert. MAJOR mistake!! My surgeon said whatever I did I should not eat any carbs and that damn cake was full of them I started again full on Opti again next day and went another four days with headaches and feeling crook. My first recognisable carb hang over, and not pleasant.

Cheers,

Janet
Back to top Go down
kjmaybe
kjmaybe

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-12-12

PostSubject: losing my appetite    really not liking the opti diet EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 10:54 pm

another question to the wonderful masses. I am finding it hard to even consider eating now. I dont want the opti and i have to fight myself to have it but I dont want food anymore either. Im going to try the iceblock thingy too - may help but right now if i was not on a diet i'd be excited about what i could have for b/fast. Im not hungry anymore the idea of food is making me feel sick. Has anyone else found they are facing or faced this problem? I know i need to keep on the opti to try and keep my matazlism going - sorry can't spell. but my appetite is gone all i want is water because my mouth is dry. Im more wondering if this is normal too im day five on my opti - and no more headaches thanks guys :)
Back to top Go down
Bellshell
Part of the furniture
Bellshell

Female
Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 1:08 pm

I like to heat up the opti, even now I make up the coffee one with 300ml of water, pour half in a take away coffee cup, heat in the micro for a minute and off I go with my multivitamin in the other hand.
Back to top Go down
Jojo78
Jojo78

Female

PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 11:10 am

Lol......... I was sooooo hungry when I woke up I was actually looking forward to my opti. really not liking the opti diet 314562
Back to top Go down
lin1970
Top Poster
Top Poster
lin1970

Female
Number of posts : 3316
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 10:49 am

I use lilyslim for my ticker, found it easier to use :)
Back to top Go down
angelpenny
angelpenny

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 10:36 am

Hi

Try this link to set up your ticker.

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t1976-how-to-make-a-ticker-for-your-signature
Back to top Go down
MsM
MsM

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-06-11

PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 10:26 am

Hey kjmaybe

The shakes are bloody hard work aren't they? One way to make them easier is to get one of those plastic ice-block makers, mix up a really small amount of water & freeze em into ice-blocks. Couple of bites & it's over & makes them taste a bit better somehow.

The headaches are normal I'm afraid, but stopped for me after day 3.

Hang in there. It gets way easier.

Back to top Go down
kjmaybe
kjmaybe

Female

PostSubject: Thanks   really not liking the opti diet EmptyWed 13 Jun 2012, 10:20 am

hay guys thanks heaps. im going to keep trying. I find the shakes taste fine but the mind is telling me that its yuck and I dont want it. I think its the old saying - Mind over Matter.

Cant wait till the 25th. ps how to do I the weight chart? that everyone seems to have??

thanks,

Back to top Go down
Jojo78
Jojo78

Female

PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 9:22 pm

Hi kjmaybe

Hang in there! Just keep remembering why you are doing it. It is pretty bed and most people find it really tough.

I was struggling real bad the other day trying to drink one and then I caught sight of my reflection in the window. I thought come one you can do this. It's all going to be worth it.
Back to top Go down
angelpenny
angelpenny

Female
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-10-03

PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 9:04 pm

Yes, perfectly normal. I believe its withdrawals. Hang in there, remember why you are doing this - opti and the early post surgery are the hardest, it gets better after that. :)
Back to top Go down
uncleluck
Part of the furniture
uncleluck

Male
Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 1:57 pm

HI kjmaybe, the headaches last for 3 to 4 day then should settle down. I started yesterday and had a bad one, but today it wasn't so bad. Not liking the opti shakes I try to drink them in one shot to get it over and done with. You will be fine.
Back to top Go down
kjmaybe
kjmaybe

Female

PostSubject: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet EmptyTue 12 Jun 2012, 12:21 pm

Hay guys. Is anyone else finding that they feel ill during the day on this diet? I've been getting headaches too and I am drinking lots of water. I just want to know if its normal?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: really not liking the opti diet   really not liking the opti diet Empty

Back to top Go down

really not liking the opti diet
Page 1 of 1